Following the Dream

I thought it would be a good idea to track all my progress and what not so here I am. Heres a little info on me…

-6’0
-143 lbs
-Sophomore in high school
-Pitch and play outfield
-Also play for a summer and fall team that does some good traveling.
-Aspirations to play D1 and hopefully pro ball one day.

My Motto: Never stop grinding

I pitch towards contact, and everything I throw moves, right now Im sitting around the 80 mph mark. My plan for the off-season obviously is to get bigger and stronger, not to mention gain speed. Let the road to the show begin now…

Nov 15: 143lbs
Nov 30: 145lbs

It’s fun to track your progress and you can look back in a year or so and remember what you have been through.

I have a little free time so I’d thought Id list some winter goals.

-Id really like to gain some weight and become stronger.
-Add velocity
-Keep gaining more command
-Solidify my secondary pitches
-Gain speed (speed kills)
-Learn to play the infield again, (improve my fielding)
-Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit.

Its a nice long list, so lets get to work

around 80mph and sophomore? How old are you again?

I turned 15 in July, so im a younger sophomore.

So today was the first day of my winter baseball camp that my summer team/organization holds. The camp had a good turn out, a lot of guys from the area and a lot of talent. The camp is really based on pitching and trying to gain velo but it also helps with positional stuff with some hitting mixed in. The pitching workout pretty much came from the Texas State pitching coach, and let me tell you all the medball, weighted balls etc were pretty tuff. I am excited, especially since I have never done any of this before that my velo may shoot up. So overall it was a pretty good day/workout. This was a good week of baseball, and hoping this translates over to next week. Last but not least I am getting gunned on Wed, so Ill have an actual velo max. NSG.

Ahhh It has been a pretty good week so far, been getting some good work in especially last night and this afternoon. On Wednesday I had a pretty good, short bullpen, my fastball stayed low and my change up looked great. The workout was also beneficial. I also had a great oppurtunity to meet and talk to former Royals manager and current Dodgers bench coach Trey Hillman. He had a lot of knowledge and I enjoyed listening to every minute of it.
In hitting news I hopefully will be able to join a hitting clinic on Mondays which should really help me. Overall its been a productive week and Im looking forward to my next camp day on Saturday.
Til next time, NSG.

wow dude you got something good going.

This weekend was filled with baseball, saturday was the normal pitching workout and bullpen. Today we had tryouts for my summerball team, it was great to see all the guys and coaches again. Hopefully this year I was able to lock up a spot on the top team, but whatever happens ill know in a couple of days. Thats it for now.

NSG

So I had my weekly bullpen yesterday and I must say I was feeling great. I dont think I have ever thrown that hard to be honest. My arm is feeling great, not sore, just feels loose. At my bullpen, coaches from Navarro JC were watching and were very impressed and thought I was at least a junior, like I said I was chunking. Other than that my workout was good, and I got good news that Ill be back with my summer team for this upcoming year. Thats all for now.

NSG

Ahhh Christmas break is upon us, this is a tough time for us ball players, it is very easy to get lazy. For me I have had to two workouts so far, and I can say the one I had tonight kicked my a$$. It was crazy tough, my bullpen though went pretty well, it is nice to know I am getting pretty sound mechanics. Like always my ball was moving like nomad indians. So far my break has been splendid and I am staying on track.

Happy Holidays!!!

I broke in the new year with a bullpen today, my location was decent though still much room for improvement. I am very happy to say my ball was moving a bunch. Also I got in some good outfield work and a good workout.
I hope to be ordering my new glove son so I am pretty excited about that as well. Get ready guys the season is just around the corner!!

NSG

Today concluded another good week of hard work, and it went out with a bang. I had the honor to talk to the rock, roger clemens and he had a lot of wisdom to share, a lot of which I will apply towards my career. Also today we were finally gunned and I hit 78, I was a little disappointed but i was also a little tired from yesterdays workout, I still Think I can hit 80 though. My hitting today was great, the ball was jumping off the bat. High school season starts pretty soon, Im pumped.

God bless and NSG

Another week has gone by, and another week of hard work is in the books. Not to much to highlight, my location seems to be improving and my change up was very impressive in my last bullpen. Other than that I am just ready to get the season going.

NSG

Ah today was the last day of my club’s winter camp, and I can say it ended on a good note. I got clocked at 80 mph!!! It was great to see the hard work turn into a couple of mph. At the end of my bullpen both me and my coach thought I threw a little harder on wednesday, about the 82 range. Overall I had a great winter, and I am ready to put this work into game action, and maybe even a spot on the varsity roster!

NSG

Sean

Another week is in the books, and im another week closer to the season starting. Early in the week I threw to batters for the first time in a while, and I was effective on hitting spots with my fastball, overall it felt good to be challenging hitters again.
Everything is slowly coming together and getting closer to being in in-season form. This next week is yet another week of work, not sure if ill get a bullpen in because our first scrimmage is next saturday.
Anyways Im excited to get going!

Another couple of weeks down and I officially hit my first rough spot. I have been working this whole fall and winter with the intent of making varsity, and I recently didnt make the cut list for the squad. Definitely a tough break, especially when I know I should be running with those boys and definitely am good enough to be there.
Anyways I have to keep moving and thats exactly what I am doing. In my first scrimmage against live competition that arent students at my school I did pretty well in one inning of work. 2k’s, 1bb, 0 ER! I had to get four outs in the inning because a drop 3rd strike got away from my catcher. I definitely hated giving up the walk, but Ill take that as a building block. I also went 0-2 at the plate, a line out to left and ground out to third, I am very anxious right now at the plate but that should work itself out over time.

Alright I have another scrimmage on saturday, ill be back to report how I faired then.

NSG, Sean

[quote=“SeanBaseball14”]Another couple of weeks down and I officially hit my first rough spot. I have been working this whole fall and winter with the intent of making varsity, and I recently didnt make the cut list for the squad. Definitely a tough break, especially when I know I should be running with those boys and definitely am good enough to be there.
Anyways I have to keep moving and thats exactly what I am doing. In my first scrimmage against live competition that arent students at my school I did pretty well in one inning of work. 2k’s, 1bb, 0 ER! I had to get four outs in the inning because a drop 3rd strike got away from my catcher. I definitely hated giving up the walk, but Ill take that as a building block. I also went 0-2 at the plate, a line out to left and ground out to third, I am very anxious right now at the plate but that should work itself out over time.

Alright I have another scrimmage on saturday, ill be back to report how I faired then.

NSG, Sean[/quote]
Keep your head up man, I understand where you are coming from. The thing you gotta do is prove you are worthy. Tear it up at the level you are at right now, and next thing you know, you will be getting noticed. Always compete.

Im not going to chip around the block about my last scrimmage, it just wasnt that good. I did hit my spots most of the time but I also had a problem leaving the ball up, I gave up 3 runs over two innings of work with I think about 4k’s and 1 bb. Oh well, today I was informed Im the JV’s opening day starter! This was good, but deserved news, Im pumped and just ready to tear it up on the 28th!

Ahh another day in paradise. Today wrapped up our scrimmage schedule and I got in a good two innings, I gave up no runs and had good control. Its amazing how well I have been able to work each sides of the plate, and I was able to keep the ball down which = low success rates. I plan on putting together my clips from this scrimmage and throwing it up on youtube, ill leave the link when I finish.