Fluency

Ok so there is this kid on my team who basically has no real skill or talent what so ever.
He lacks alot of fluency in everything he does. He looks really mechanical. machine like. Swinging,fielding whatever he is really stiff. Most of my team and coaches have given up on him. The problem with that is the fact that he is trying is absolute hardest. He wants to improve, he is trying.
What i really want to help him with is his batting. He is taking cuts…hitting foul balls. So he is swinging , I like that. But he is having so much trouble still. I beleive if he developes fluency in his movements,If he creates a smoother motion, He will be able to hit alot better.
does anyone know of different ways I can help him develope fluency? I greatly appreciate any help on this. I just cant stand a kid whos trying so hard be cast aside by coaches. That is the problem to begin with, No coach has really worked with him.

tell him it is like dancing.

Or tell him it is an Art.

To feel his motion everytime and to “paint with it”

Raw, did u just used sum drugs ^^?
lol no just kiddin

we had sum1 like that in the team 2, well half the team is like that :stuck_out_tongue:
even I look bit machine like(see my vids)
tho, u cant teach sum1 to be not mechanical. U have it or not.
and if u have it, U can learn it fast, or not.

atleast, my opinion here;)
as long as they throw right, its ok, justlet them develop there own style of throwing (CORRECTLY !). Not every one throws the same. or hits the same, etc

[quote=“RodriGueZ”]Raw, did u just used sum drugs ^^?
lol no just kiddin

we had sum1 like that in the team 2, well half the team is like that :stuck_out_tongue:
even I look bit machine like(see my vids)
tho, u cant teach sum1 to be not mechanical. U have it or not.
and if u have it, U can learn it fast, or not.

atleast, my opinion here;)
as long as they throw right, its ok, justlet them develop there own style of throwing (CORRECTLY !). Not every one throws the same. or hits the same, etc[/quote]
but i think fluency is the key for this kid. I beleive to play the game right you need to have some kind of smoothness…he lacks it in every aspect. I want him to improve. Maybe all he needs is to play the game alot. thats how most develope fluency. Play it from young and it becomes natural…the moves required become natural.

yea, do alot of baseball will develop sum fleuncy, but there are sum ppl who just cant. we got a new guy last year he did ballet and line dancing before he started baseball( he was kinda , eh nerdy, bit girlish) im sure hes good @ ballet or something, but at baseball he sucked, no way he could EVER throw a ball fleuntly.

sum ppl hav it, sum ppl dont, same as the +9 0mph fastball :wink:

My dad said the same thing…but I am a beleive that if you work hard enough and play enough you can develope into a decent ball player…not great but decent.

yep I guess so.
tho he/she will never have the qualities of a real baseballer(in the end, starting kids wont have those skills instantly:P but u can mostly see if sum1 is a good player or not)

Fluidity.

Your fluency in regard to fluidity is notable. :mrgreen:

Ok so After thinking all day I came up with a way to start the fluency proccess. I just told him to turn his back foot sooner. its basically “step and rotate hard”

where when he steps forward with his from foot and lands he rotates his backfoot hard and uses the pull from his lower body to bring his upper body around. I told him to practice that alot until you can start swining more natural because you will be less forced to drive your bat with just your arms.