Flat Pitching Set-Comments Please

Sorry for the low quality. I had to record with my phone due to my camera dying.

I threw more pitches than are in the video. I tried to put the ones that showed my max ER, but it’s hard to tell if it is or not.

Let me know what you think!

I will be try to take another better video on Saturday. Let me know if you see anything glaring wrong.

The things that I see that I would like to continue to work on are the following:

-More drive with my legs. I would like my stride to get out a little further through a better back leg drive.
-I would like my arm path to not go as far back. I don’t want my elbow to extend as much as it does. I would like it to look like the following

That video isn’t perfect arm action, but it’s a lot closer to what I want.

If you don’t like the quality to this video, then look for my next one.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy,
The flat ground session- everything together looks pretty good. I do agree that you could get more drive, but I’m not sure about a longer stride, it looks pretty good where it is, in my opinion. Again in my opinion, I would like to see more lateral weight shift as you push off the post leg stating closed with the shoulders just a tad longer.

Overall really impressive. I went back and looked at some of your older videos and the progress is undeniable. Keep working hard, your dedication is a testiment to the craft and art of pitching.

I agree with what you’re saying.

I’m don’t really want to increase my stride per say, but I want to get more drive which will probably lead to a longer stride.

[quote]I’m don’t really want to increase my stride per say, but I want to get more drive which will probably lead to a longer stride.
[/quote]

Yep, I can see that. Sorry I misread your original post where you stated that.

That’s fine.

It’s the same as my external rotation. I want to increase it by keep my arm loose and turn my upper body more aggressively.

I will see if I can get myself video taped this Saturday when I pitch. But I have stuff to work on until then.