!Fix my mechanics!

I need some help with my mechanics, could you tell me what I´m doing wrong and howto fix it?

Thanks alot

OLD

NEW

[/b]

Your mechanics look pretty solid, but you aren’t using any of the big muscles in your body to throw the ball (i.e. legs and torso). Your back leg just drags about 18 inches and stops. When you are driving off that back leg it should come up off the ground after release and usually rotate around past parallel with your front foot. You can also see that you don’t get much out of your torso, which is another important component of velocity generation. This is evident in that you are standing almost straight up all the way through your finish rather than finishing the pitch with your back parallel to the ground. If you concentrate on using your hips and flexing your torso you should see that back leg come through and flatten out your back. This should create more veloctity for you.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I finish properly? I’ve no idea how to get my back leg into such position as you describe.
Thanks!

If you go to the “pitching video clips” forum and check out some clips of MLB pitchers in there you will see what I am talking about. When they “finish” their back leg usually ends up over their head and lands beyond their front foot

Yes, your finishing–standing up! Everything looks fine, but you have to tip over toward the catcher. Your throwing hand NEEDS to reach toward the catcher–at least another 1 1/2 feet. Try to put your throwing hand in the catcher’s glove. Your front leg takes all the momentum away from your pitch! Bend your front leg–a bit when moving toward your target. You need to watch video of Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Johan Santana, and Jeff Suppan…to name a few. All these pitchers " complete there pitch ". The throwing hand should end at the front knee. To do that your "whole " body must " tip " all the way forward. Get your torso " HORIZONTAL " to the ground. The legs are the driving force for velosity.

I agree with what HasBeen08 noted and would add that I believe a major part of your issues just might be in your intent. You look as if you are trying to “look like a pitcher” as opposed to trying to “throw the crap out of the ball”, to coin some terms thrown around at SETPRO. The “looking like a pitcher” thing is kind of evidenced by how you finish. It’s not only upright, but it is kind of abrupt and you hold that position, as if waiting for the photo to come.

So, I’d suggest you do as the others here have recommended regarding a flat back finish but just fire away with the body and let that throwing shoulder rotate all the way so that you’re showing the back of it to the catcher when you’re done. Don’t worry so much about holding a pose. Fire away!! You’ve got some good motion there, generally. Just stop holding yourself back.

And is my glove side good? I just noticed that I pull my glove to my chest in a very short amount of time. Maybe this is good maybe not, I´ve no idea honestly! And when do I need to drop forward with my body, just before releasing the ball of after?

btw thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it!!

The more I read your posts, the more evident it is becoming that you really don’t need much mechanical advice. Like DM said, I think you need to let go of everything in your head and just “throw the crap out of it”. Your mechanics are really very good IMO. If you just think about throwing the ball HARD the leg drive and flat back finish will probably just happen.

Create a little more forward momentum and finish…left arm / right knee .

do you have elbow problems or get soreness in your elbow or anything like that?

I can’t remember having elbow soreness so I guess no.

Thanks all for helping me out!

I’ve tried two days in a row but I can’t get the video to load and play. :reallyconfused:

Try this one instead ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p27xV9jj1w8

Maybe this one does works, it’s the same as the movie I’ve posted but only the link

[quote=“HasBeen08”]The more I read your posts, the more evident it is becoming that you really don’t need much mechanical advice. Like DM said, I think you need to let go of everything in your head and just “throw the crap out of it”. Your mechanics are really very good IMO. If you just think about throwing the ball HARD the leg drive and flat back finish will probably just happen.[/quote]I can’t disagree with this. My opinion is that your problem is mostly in the mental aspect. I’d like to see you just “let 'er rip”. Fire the h*** out of those shoulders and don’t stop them. Don’t worry about the pose at the end. It’s not about looking good, rather it’s about results.

I´ve been yesterday to the field and tried to end with a flat back, unfortunaly I could end like that. Today I´m planning to throw again and I´ll film it instead.

Ok, I got it to play.

I generally agree with the other comments here except that I believe how you finish is a result of what you do prior to that so I wouldn’t put the focus on how you finish but rather on the things leading up to the finish.

In addition to finishing in an upright position, you also finish with your weigth behind the front foot instead out over the front foot. In your case I believe this is due to a lack of momentum. You don’t start moving toward home plate until after the peak of your knee lift. I think you need to start forward sooner and maybe move forward a little faster.

Your glove side looks fine based on the pitches I watched.

I’ve uploaded 2 new video’s, worked on my follow through.

Please comment!

Could anyone analyse my new videos?

Where’s the link?

Under my old video on the same post.