First rehab assignment

Ok, well, you might remember that I injured my elbow while pitching not long ago and didnt seek medical help, instead I kept pitching. Well, last game of the season my arm didnt hurt and I pitched the best two innings of my life, and also the worst two innings of my life.
But I’ve been doing some research into this mystery injury and found some information.
I am somewhat sure that I have done something to the ‘Medial Epicondyle’ in my right elbow. Whether its torn or pulled etc im not sure.
It has been over a month since I threw a baseball and Im planning on throwing within the next couple of days to see how it feels.
When I overcome that obstacle painfree then I will work my way back into long toss and then throwing bullpens.
I will keep you informed…

~TIM~

Threw 50 pitches yesterday…felt good, I stopped as soon as I felt the slightest bit of pain though. I started off small and slow, then worked my way into rolling my arm over and trying different pitches until I was ready to try a few from full distance at 3/4 speed.
3/4 speed felt fine but I only threw a few.
More to come soon.

~TIM~

Umm…
You are not a doctor are you?
If not, this seems to be a very dumb thing to do. If you have no idea whether you have a torn or pulled muscles and ligaments in your elbow, you also have no idea what kind of damage you have done and continue to do.

Look at the possibilities here:

1. You go to the doctor and there isn’t major damage.
  2. You go and find out there are problems in the elbow that need surgery/ medical help.

It would be better go and find out that it is #1 than continue throwing and destroy your arm for good. Sometimes you need to admit that sometimes doctors do know what they are doing.

It’s unlikely that you damaged your Medial Epicondyle, since it’s a bony structure. Instead, you probably damaged one of the ligaments or tendons that attach to (or around) the Medial Epicondyle. That’s why you’re feeling the pain there.

Your problem is likely due to either overuse or a mechanical problem that is placing too much load on one of the ligaments or tendons that attach to the Medial Epicondyle.

Do you have a video clip of yourself throwing?

yeah Chris, sounds like you’ve got the right idea. I do have video of myself pitching but it’s too big to send through an email. And im not sure of any other way to allow you to see it.
Like I said I haven’t thrown for a long time, my arm doesn’t hurt like it used to. Also in the last two games I changed my mechanics, I started to throw more OVERarm rather than bringing my arm around, it helped alot. ALOT less painful.
If my arm continues to hurt after this long then I will go and see a doctor, but right now I have no need for one. My arm feels fine and has minimal pain. It has been over a month since I threw a ball.

[quote=“the_great_one42”]yeah Chris, sounds like you’ve got the right idea. I do have video of myself pitching but it’s too big to send through an email. And im not sure of any other way to allow you to see it.
[/quote]

Hey, try using www.rapidshare.de

I’m pretty sure they let you upload biiiiiiiiiig videos there so anyone may download it.
How big is it?
I think rapidshare lets you upload files over 100mb, so you should be good to go.

Make sure u give about 3-5 days rest in between working out for now, you proly only have inflamation of the elbow. Of course ice. Since you threw 50 balls last time, stay at 50 for a few work outs. You can also work with light weights ( a stick with a weight on the end) for Ulnar and radial deviations. Also wrist flexion ( wrist flexion and Ulnar deviation range of motion exercises uses muscles attached to ur medial epicondlye so be extra carefull with this.) and wrist extensors. Keep notes of ur work out. stay at the same level for 3-5 workouts before even trying to goto the next level. You can try a heating rub before practice also.