First League Game Tomorrow!

I’ll let you guys how I do, I’m scheduled to pitch…

How’d you do?

Ummm, we won 12-1 on a mercy rule it ended in the 5th

I pitched 5 innings, 69 pitches, 12K’s, ER, No walks, two Hit Batters gave up two garbage hits…Made a throwing error fielding a bunt, and balked once, like always…smh. At the plate I went 2-4 4RBI’s with a 2B, 2 Stolen Bases…

The other team was not good, just to mention that…
they couldn’t catch up to the fastball…I had decent control I felt, they helped me on some by swinging at bad pitches, I was getting cold in between innings due to longer innings because they couldn’t get us out…Thats probably the one thing I had trouble with…

:smiley:

I was getting cold in between innings due to longer innings because they couldn’t get us out…Thats probably the one thing I had trouble with…

You want to avoid this by bringing a bullpen jacket, large beach towel or similar cover with you. This is simple maintenance, but mandatory!!! If you ever plan or hope to make it to the next level, start now to kick in the mind set that supports everything else.

Below is a sample of what you should have in your equipment bag. If you don’t have a formal bullpen jacket, then take any jacket. A large beach towel is great for covering your shoulders, then wrap the extended portion around your pitching arm.

The long and the short of it is - TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. BE THE COMPLETE PITCHER THAT YOU WANT TO BE.

Coach B.

Right you are, Coach B.! There was many a time when I was a starter, and we had a big inning, walks, hits, wild pitches, and we kept scoring runs—I always had a heavy warmup jacket with me, and I would put it on if I knew I was going to be sitting for as long as half an hour. You have to keep that arm heated up. And when I got back on the mound I would throw seven or eight pitches to make sure I was loose. :slight_smile: