First College start.........

First start of college career wednsday…any advice on how to relax?..im rly nervous

you’ve got your phiten necklace, should be ok…

no but really…

Take a deep breath and just stick to your pre-game routine. Have a plan going into the game and stick to it. There’s a reason you’re getting the start. Your coach knows you can get the job done. Go out there and kick some butt.

damn game got postponed 'till mid april.

Thanks for the advice… Never thought bout thats why the coach is starting me lol

…uh…what?

[quote=“LankyLefty”]
Take a deep breath and just stick to your pre-game routine. Have a plan going into the game and stick to it. There’s a reason you’re getting the start. Your coach knows you can get the job done. Go out there and kick some butt.[/quote]

I was talking bout this part

I had a catcher once that used to chew grape gum … a lot. So, when our club was just about to call in a rookie, he’d load up with a mouthful.

Well, as the kid would jog out of the bullpen and greet the head coach on the mound holding the ball, our ace backstop would be standing right next to him. As the head coach was giving his instructions and trying his best to calm the kid down a bit, our catcher would open up with an ear-to-ear smile … a real mouth full of purple teeth.

The kid couldn’t help but do a double take and stare … not listing to a word the head coach was saying. Finally it dawned on our skipper that the kid was somewhere else … and then he’d see our catcher with a mouthful of purple teeth. The coach would take a deep breath… pat the kid on the shoulder and say …” you’ll do just fine son.”

My advice to you … listen to your catcher,…. You’ll do just fine.

Coach B.

didnt start, but made my first appearance today. Came in in relief, threw 27 pitches, 20 strikes. Gave up one run, unearned. SS booted it, than threw it away, and he came around to score.

what college you play for?