"Finishing" the pitch

My coach says my mechanics are pretty sound but i tend to not “finish the pitch”

i dont really understand what hes saying
and thoughts?

and also if i were to finish the pitch would it help to increase velocity

i think hes saying you release the ball and all your body movement stops going forward. you may be stopping your hand immediately after releasing or not bending over and following through low enough. if you purposely try to “finish the pitch” and reach out it will most likely result in you releasing the ball closer to the plate, thus subtracting the distance the ball has to travel. This is more deceptive and creates a more replicable follow through which will result in better control.

Travis, why not ask your coach what he means?

what bang said was right

usually i dont get very much momentun towards the plate and i end tall or i fall off the mound really bad

[quote=“TravisBaseball17”]what bang said was right

usually i dont get very much momentun towards the plate and i end tall or i fall off the mound really bad[/quote]

Keep your glove out in front of your body and avoid pulling it back to your chest or off to the side. That will get you later in your delivery and give you a proper follow through position.

if you release high or your breaking balls hang it means you put to much into the throw and the ball comes out at the wrong release point. usually when u come close to release point youll give it that extra umph and throw a high pitch rather than letting your body do what it was doing.

err my bad maybe thats considered not following through, what i described.