Finding your release point

my friend wants to know how to find his release point because he’s not that great at throwing and i dont know what to tell him. can anyone help me out?

Do you mean not a good thrower as not a good pitcher, or just not coordinated when it comes to throwing?

Answering questions with questions, gotta love it. Throw him a pop fly and have him crow hop and throw as hard as he can. Arm angle achieved

Work on overall mechanics, on a mound, at game intensity. Lots of trial and error with feedback. Intentionally attempting to find that one point in such a rapid movement isn’t the most productive thing to do. It changes with each type of pitch and desired location. Low and away on the corner can’t be the same as high and in. Practice, with the environment and effort levels specific to what you will be expected to deal with in games, with lots of feedback is what will produce results.

i mean like when were playing catch he’ll throw the ball way to the left or way to the right and i dont know what to do

[quote=“irishpitcher28”]i mean like when were playing catch he’ll throw the ball way to the left or way to the right and i dont know what to do[/quote]Again, there’s a mechanical reason that you need to find, rather than trying to directly manipulate something moving at high speeds. The release point is a “result” of everything that got him there. Have you taken video of him throwing? There could be many things causing his issues.

What I’m getting at here is that there is no magic bullet when it comes to control. Trial and error with feedback (did he hit his intended target?).

if thats his problem then he should just start by stepping toward his target and see how that helps.