Finding a place to throw

Some of you may already know this, but i had off-season elbow surgery, and i’m working on rehab to hopefully get ready for the upcoming season…

Here’s where i’m really learning that it pays to be a professional and or high profile college athlete. I’m from New England (Massachusetts specifically) , and i’m having a real hard time finding a facility that i can utilize for rehab throwing on a regular basis…

It’s to cold out side, the warmest weather we’ll get this time of year is around 40 degrees, and i really don’t want to risk rehab throwing in these conditions this time of year…

The other issue is even the indoor baseball facilities are to small… I’m on an interval long toss throwing program, where i need 90, 120, and even 180 feet at times… and indoor baseball facilities don’t have that to offer… i’ve looked at basketball courts too, but this time of year it’s extremely difficult to find space in those, and when there’s not basketball practice going on it’s extremely difficult to find someone who will help you out and let you in…

Even with a basketball court though, i’m finding that many of them are to small as well. 90’ baseline to baseline is enough room for me currently, but the issue is the low ceilings, and things hanging from the ceilings… in this phase of my rehab i’m not throwing bullets at 90’ distance wise, it’s a high arching throw after a crow hop…

I’m currently working on seeing if i can get a local college to let me use there athletic field house, but it doesn’t look to promising at this point in time…

anyone have any ideas?

are you still in high school?

[quote=“Highschoolpitcher9”]
… Here’s where i’m really learning that it pays to be a professional and or high profile college athlete. I’m from New England (Massachusetts specifically) , and i’m having a real hard time finding a facility that i can utilize for rehab throwing on a regular basis…

anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

Sent you a PM.

Also you could look into putting up a net in your garage or basement and throw into that. You could get a small Speedtrac X radar gun and put it behind the net to give you feedback on the effort (MPH) you’re putting into your throws (since that’s basically emulating what your throwing program is doing with the different distance it has you throwing).

That should do the trick I think.

yeah i’m still in HS i’m a junior this year.

yeah i’m still in HS i’m a junior this year.[/quote]

I would make your head coach aware of your situation. Maybe he can pull some strings and get you into some kind of facility to throw.

yeah i’m still in HS i’m a junior this year.[/quote]

I would make your head coach aware of your situation. Maybe he can pull some strings and get you into some kind of facility to throw.[/quote]

yeah… well my HS coach is aware of the situation, but when it’s not baseball season he’s never around, and even if he was i don’t know exactly how many strings he could pull for me…

Good news is that the local college coach got back to me, he said he’d have no problem with me sneaking into the field house to throw… only drawback is that it’s closed for renovations until Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend… but hey, it’s something at least…

In the meantime i guess i’ll have to throw whatever i can in basketball gyms, and hope for warm weather outside…