Finally, Videos!

So, I have two videos from todays game. I started and got two innings of work before lighting and rain got the game postponed till thursday, i should be finishing up then. I have 2 short clips and one that is about a minute. I can take criticism. Today i used generic mechanics because I wanted to get rid of my slow beggining and speed up my windup. So problems?

Thanks!

1.Video

2.Video 2

3.Video 3

Looks pretty good if you ask me. Except the first video it looks like you opened your hips to soon, and you don’t quite transfer the weight all the way, you could of stay back. Then the second one it looks like you stride a bit to the third base side, and you might stride a bit to far, for the most part those mechanics look good to me though, though I don’t really enough to be a good judge. Also, how old are you?

Ohh ok. Those are deffinately things ill work on. Ill be throwing Thursday so tomorrow ill do some bullpen and work on that. I also see like I “Pop” after i break my hands, its wierd i dunno why i do that. Also, i kinda lean back and get low on my back leg. Is that bad? And then it seems im throwing kind of threequarters. Doesnt that slow down velocity?

Im 15, and going to be a sophomore. And, btw, thanks for the response.

-Ryan

The only thing i can see immediatly is your glove hand. Your resting it on ur thigh not fully pulling it into your chest. Also your hip roll over, if u try throwing your leg over quicker your get more mph becos of momentum.

[quote=“SP1B”]Ohh ok. Those are deffinately things ill work on. Ill be throwing Thursday so tomorrow ill do some bullpen and work on that. I also see like I “Pop” after i break my hands, its wierd i dunno why i do that. Also, i kinda lean back and get low on my back leg. Is that bad? And then it seems im throwing kind of threequarters. Doesnt that slow down velocity?

Im 15, and going to be a sophomore. And, btw, thanks for the response.

-Ryan[/quote]
hey, well the leaning back is what i ment by like overstriding, or not getting over enough on your body
how hard do you throw?

Ohh ok. Yeah i had noticed the arm thing in a couple of pictures from my last game. Thanks. Im going to have to make an effort to keep it tucked more.

and 3and0,

ahh now i see. I thought you were referring to something else.
Umm… the last time i was gunned was last november for a tryout and i was throwing 65. Since then i have been working out everday and worked on mechanics and other things and think im throwing harder. Maybe a little over 70? :confused:

Oh cool stuff, what level of summer ball are you playing?

Legion, C team. No sophomores made the B team. Im assuming you play?

Yes, but in the far northern reaches known as Canada.

hah, i play in the igloo league up in teh great white north too.

I play WAY south from you guys, i play in Australia, which makes it bloody hard to get scouted cos you have to play for state to get looked at.

ahh its only a 22 hour flight…

lol, yeah and then to find where the camp is, get a car, drive there with jet lag, and throw as hard as i can. lol. simple.

The best bet over here is to go to an american college

hmm it seems like your a little lazy, its only 22 hours, and some jet lag lol, i see you Australians are holding on to some British from way back when, ahah.

I definetly wish I didn’t live in the porrly run province known as alberta when it comes to baseball. Sure, we have the best production of hockey players per person, and the best Bantam AAA league in the country, but baseball, hell no.

hah i used to live in Calgary, the one thing i miss is teh calgary stampede, and the west Edmonton mall, those are awesome.

ps. damn you cheating Mall of America.

MEh, what can i say, its the aussie way of life to be lazy lol. Plus i dont throw anywhere near hard enough to be looked at, i top out at 86 atm.

hah just riding kangaroos all day…

[quote=“slipetz”]hah i used to live in Calgary, the one thing i miss is teh calgary stampede, and the west Edmonton mall, those are awesome.

ps. damn you cheating Mall of America.[/quote]
remember the big ship in west ed? the Santa Maria? they’re selling that to the japanese

really? stupid japs ( just the ones buying it, not the Japaneses in general) That sucks, but its not as bad as the government of Ontario selling a highway to what i think is the Japaneses.