Finally got frame by frame

Ok it’s been a while and I have the frame by frame of my pitching

Things I think I need to Improve on:

Posture? Is it ok i feel comfortable with it
staying closed

anything else?

Note> First time ever using the new mechanics in game with only one bullpen of 30 pitches and my first start of the season.

Mechaicns are a little off right now but that happens first game. I have a bullpen sunday im pretty sure?

It would really help if you could tell me anything that could improve performance.

can any one find anything wrong with my mechanics? Need Help

A couple of things.

1. Not that it’s a big deal but why the forward tilt of your upper body and cranking up of your elbow as you lift your knee? I’ll explain in a bit why I suggest you revise that.

2. As you break the hands and the front leg starts into your stride, you lean back excessively with your head and upper body. I’m guessing it’s because you’re trying to lead with your front hip, as is written about so many times here and on Mills’ site. This, in my opinion, is the danger of that cue when taken to extremes. In reality, and Mills kind of agrees with this, the head and shoulders should only lag behind the front hip by a small amount.

This is why I believe you should change that early forward tilt. I’m guessing that it “sets up” the backward tilt.

Roger. Chime in here on posture. You do a much better job of that than I do.

1. You do a good job of achieving hip / shoulder separation into landing.

2. Your glove side starts out well but drops as you rotate. Bring the glove to your chest / chest to glove (whatever floats your boat).

3. Your back leg action could use some work. I know Mills says to keep the heel down as long as possible, and he’s not necessarily wrong there, but the pros rotate the back knee and foot such that it is completely turned over by landing. At landing, your back heel has only just begun to come up and over. As a result, the knee never ever gets turned under completely. It kind of points outward and just “lifts” up into the air. My recommendation is to get much more rotation out of the back knee and foot.

thank you for replying.

Ok the leg lift is something I have allways done and doesn’t give me any problems.

Things im going to work on.

Pick up the target sooner
Don’t lean as much
Also get my back foot to get more rotation

Will these things be ok to focus on. I think they are very minor fixes.

Video of it not in frame by frame but regular speed on youtube.

I think I look very explosive then most people I have seen that go to slow what do you think?

Video of it not in frame by frame but regular speed on youtube.

I think I look very explosive then most people I have seen that go to slow what do you think?

The most explosive thing there seems to be the drop of the upper body back and down. This is quite a hesitation in the forward motion. My suggestion is to lose this in favor of earlier, forward momentum.

I don’t want to lose all the back and down but i will cut it down by alot.

If I took the back and down away by about 40% would that help?

Is the back and down of the upper body that bad of a thing to do?

goodness grasious

those are definlty not the best

there so much wasted movement
you look like your knee is nearly touching the ground when ur realsing
you look very uncofmoable

maybe if you slowed your stuff down a tad youd gain some velocity and more control

It is very comfortable to me and I’m use to it.

The knee hitting the ground almost is because i have a long stride and it doesn’t bother me.

I gained velocity by speeding up my wind-up.

And im only going to cut down on the lean a little to keep the head still.

Here’s what I notice:

(1) You lean forward toward home plate at the start of your knee lift and you raise your throwing elbow up very high causing he shoulders to tilt toward home plate. You head follows your shoulder tile. You don’t want your head and shoulders to get in front of your hips.

(2) At the start of your stride your upper half leans waaaaaay back toward 2B. The result is there is no way to lead with your front hip into your stride. Instead, you lead with the front foot. And it also seems to introduce a hesitation in your delivery because it takes time for your upper half to lean way back and then catch back up.

(3) You don’t really get your hips going forward until after your knee has peaked and is on its way back down. I don’t think this is what Mills (or House) has in mind.

(4) Because of your posture issue (2) above, your weight stays back which brings into question the effectiveness of your hip rotation. And your release point remains well behind where it could be.

(5) Right before release, your glove flies out to the side. This motion could cause you to open up early. It also probably leads to your leaning to the glove side. If that is done prior to release, it will pull your release point back and make it more inconsistent.

[quote=“dm59”]A couple of things.

1. Not that it’s a big deal but why the forward tilt of your upper body and cranking up of your elbow as you lift your knee? I’ll explain in a bit why I suggest you revise that.

2. As you break the hands and the front leg starts into your stride, you lean back excessively with your head and upper body. I’m guessing it’s because you’re trying to lead with your front hip, as is written about so many times here and on Mills’ site. This, in my opinion, is the danger of that cue when taken to extremes. In reality, and Mills kind of agrees with this, the head and shoulders should only lag behind the front hip by a small amount.[/quote]
    House also believes the head and shoulders should stay slightly behind the front hip into foot plant.

It definitely sets up something that probably isn’t good.

DM, you are correct. There are significant posture issues here. Inappropriate posture changes mean energy is being directed in directions other than at the target. We don’t want that. Furthermore, inappropriate posture changes affect the release point in undesirable ways (e.g. pulling the release point back and making it inconsistent).

[quote]3. You do a good job of achieving hip / shoulder separation into landing.

1. Your glove side starts out well but drops as you rotate. Bring the glove to your chest / chest to glove (whatever floats your boat).[/quote]
    I noticed the glove swinging out to the side.

I didn’t notice this myself but now that you point it out, it does look suspect - almost like a boat anchor back there. I’ve not heard of this idea of keeping the heel down. What is the rationale behind it?

This is a great suggestion.

It seems we both recognized that the posture issue creates a hesitation in the forward movement of the upper half. There’s movement so it may feeling like everything is ok but really the total time for the upper half to do its thing has increased due to the inappropriate posture changes.

[quote=“RIstar”]I don’t want to lose all the back and down but i will cut it down by alot.

If I took the back and down away by about 40% would that help?[/quote]

Why do you want to keep this unnecessary and undesirable movement? Do you see the pros doing this?

Yes. See my other posts.

[quote=“RIstar”]It is very comfortable to me and I’m use to it.

The knee hitting the ground almost is because i have a long stride and it doesn’t bother me.

I gained velocity by speeding up my wind-up.

And im only going to cut down on the lean a little to keep the head still.[/quote]
I don’t think the knee being close to the ground is a big deal - especially if you’re truly getting it going and lengthening your stride. But like I said before, it doesn’t look to my like you really start your hips forward early at all. Also, despite what you’ve claimed, it doesn’t appear to me fromwhat I can see in the video you posted that your stride is 100% of your height. In any case, if you get it going and lengthen your stride, then how close the knee is to the ground will be unimportant, IMHO.

Roger, if i still keep the leg lift and cut waaaaaaaaayyyyyy down on the lean towards 2nd base would i be ok then.

I like the leg lift alot and it’s the only way i feel comfortable at all. I would keep it and when i drop the leg down when my shoulders are even then i will drive toward home without droping back.

Once u get in set position, u need to pauze/wait few seconds right? i dunt see you doing that O.o?

No you don’t want to pause at balance point.