Fdsafasfasdfsd

asadasdsadas dsfadsfdsaf

First off, not sure how growing 2-3 inches would kill velocity… But try to get a side shot of your mechanics, that would give me something to go on when analyzing what you do.

im not an expert but it looks like your falling off the mound because you have a weak/soft front side. and i think you look a bit too deliberate, but don’t take my word as fact.

Sb,
You have a lot more on tap than what you’re showing.
1- Your stride is nonexistent. basically it’s no more than a step toward home.
2- You need to drive toward the plate. From what I see there is very little drive. Get your hips moving forward and drive off the back leg.
3- You’ve got to throw with intent or you will never develop a fastball. You appear to be going through the motions.
4- I think your fall off is a result of your lack of forward momentum. Some guys will spin off to the side or their shoulder rotation will cause a fall off. In your case, I see, falling off simply as a lack of balance and your swing leg taking over any momentum you might have built.

This might seem harsh, but believe me, I’m not trying to be harsh. I’m trying to help you.

The same lack of lower body is evident in the batting as well. The swing is all arms and it’s causing a huge lack of balance because you don’t have a strong, and stable base. You are swinging slowly because to swing any faster would cause you to fall down.

There is much more to a swing than what I’m going to tell you right now, but this is a very simple, very basic approach that will get you down the path to a more stable platform.

1. On release of the pitch, rock back to load the back hip.
  2. On hip load, separate the hands and front foot with a small, quick step or stride.
  3. Violently initiate the swing from the back hip. Don’t think about your arms or your legs at this point. Slam the gate. Do not start your hip turn until your front foot is down! You do not want your weight drifting forward as you swing. This is stored energy being released ahead of contact. That’s a bad thing.

LOAD
SEPARATE
SLAM THE GATE

If you continue to swing with the arms, you will have very little pop in the bat.

A strong grip is also a key to “delivering the punch” to the ball. If you were going to punch someone in the gut, you would keep your elbow in close and your palm would be facing up and closed into a fist. Your wrist would be in line with your forearm, or you would break your wrist when you delivered the punch. At contact with the baseball, this is exactly how your top hand should look–just like you were punching someone in the gut except now you have the bat extending out the top of your hand.

To get a strong grip, hold the bat in your bottom hand only, then extend your hand straight out in front of you palm down. Add your top hand by placing it on the bat palm up and grab it. Maintain that grip as you get into your stance. Keep the bat where it needs to be in order to not shift this grip. Usually somewhere just over your back shoulder. Now apply my 1-2-3 strategy and mash some baseballs!

Yep.
Didn’t want to get into the hitting video but Coach Paul is right.

I’m sure trying to hit while standing on what appears to be a slick surface floor didn’t help matters :slight_smile: But CP is right about your swing. What I noticed about your pitching is that you have a bit of disconnect in your motion by getting your throwing hand up pretty early (ala Jason Motte). Now Jason can get away with that (until he blew out his elbow of course) because of his size and intent. I’m not telling you to slow your arm action down but get your timing correct so that there is no break between arm swing and release. If you get your lower half moving quicker your hand won’t be sitting up there waiting to fire.