Favourite part about pitching?

What is your favourite aspect about pitching? I know this is a very broad question but your answers can be as detailed as possible or very vague.

Personally my favourite part is the mental aspect, example: always being one step ahead of the hitter and outthinking the batter.

Nothing feels better than getting people out.

My favorite part about pitching was making the batters look very, very stupid with the stuff I had. I was a natural, honest-to-gosh sidearmer who used the crossfire just about all the time, and I wasn’t much on speed but I had an extensive arsenal of offspeed and breaking pitches. My #1 pitch, the one I could always go to for a strikeout, was a slider which I had nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” after a character in an old W.C. Fields movie because that was exactly what it was, with a sharp late break. My second-best was a very good knuckle-curve that came in there looking for all the world like a fast ball—which I didn’t have—but then suddenly dropped like a glass hitting the floor and shattering into little bitty pieces! I built my whole arsenal around those two pitches, and I wasn’t in the habit of walking batters, oh no! :baseballpitcher:

My favorite part of pitching is coming in from the bullpen with the heavy part of One by Metallica blasting and my whole team needing me to hold the fort, the the feeling I get when I blow a fastball by a hitter

Executing strike three and watching the infield throw the ball around. That feeling of accomplishment is priceless.

Not to mention watching, out of the corner of your eye, the batter grumble and grouse his way back to the dugout, all the while mouthing a whole lexicon of invectives, imprecations and just plain cusswords—and thinking, “What a lousy hitter.” Icing on the cake. :smiley:

I gotta say my favorite part is setting up the hitter with your best stuff, blowing it by him the first pitch, buckling his knees on the curve, then getting him to bite at a change in the dirt. Best feeling.

One can go on and on about this subject. Suffice it to say that there are many aspects involved and that every one of the posters has joined me in contributing to the overall picture. Good for all of you!