Favorite Music

I’m bored… I’m on LTP… I’m gonna ask what are your favorite bands. So, uhhm, echem: what are your favorite bands?

Mine are:

1. Pink Floyd
  2. Radiohead
  3. Led Zeppelin
  4. The Beatles
  5. Velvet Underground
  6. Frank Zappa
  7. The Who
  8. Miles Davis
  9. The Who
  10. Karlheinz Stockhausen
  11. John Cage
  12. Cream
  13. The Doors
  14. The Stooges

I have a TON more but I can only think of these off the top of my head.

Frank Zappa?
You don’t know the dulcit tones of Mr. Frank Zappa do you?
Certainly a diverse group of jammin…I don’t know if you’d know this but Richard Wright, one of the founders of Pink Floyd passed away this week from cancer…

Lets see…I saw Pink Floyd in 1977 on the Animals tour
Frank Zappa in 1978…Frank was one of the greatest musicians and loco fellas of all time…oh man the songs he did…If you ever get a chance he did a movie called “200 Motels”…Ringo Starr was in it…hilarious strange and bizaar would describe it well…my favorite cut on it was “Bertram Redneck”…see it if you dare 8)
The Who in 1981 on their last world tour (1st Last)
didn’t see the rest of em…Saw a Doors tribute band
Still own the White Album/Abbey Road/ Sgt Peppers and Let It Be
my collection includes Prescence and In Through the Out Door by Zepp
gotta bit of Creme and much Clapton (Slo-Hand is my fav)

As I’ve mentioned before Genesis is my all time favorite band…I’ve seen just about every great band in concert…none was better or more musically sound than Genesis (Best Rock heavy metal group I’ve ever seen was Blue Oyster Cult…yow watta band)…of current bands I really like Widespread Panic (Check my last log entry for a sample), Metallica is unbelievable…don’t mind Lincoln Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Christian band Third Day, I also like REM a lot…hows that for an old man?

Guess I’ll join in with all you old dudes…

Earth, Wind and Fire
Ohio Players
The Isley Brothers
The Barkays
Con-Funk-Shun
Average White Band

The Rippingtons
Warren Hill
Jesse Cook
Grover Washington Jr.
Ronnie Laws
David Sanborn
Dave Koz

I’m only 16, and I love classic and psychedelic rock. Pink Floyd is definately my all-time favourite band. I used to be really into The Doors, but not as much anymore.

1. the beatles
  2. led zeppelin
  3. grateful dead
  4. the who
  5. ravi shankar

mainly classsic rock for me :smiley:

Sublime :lol:

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Frank Zappa?
You don’t know the dulcit tones of Mr. Frank Zappa do you?
Certainly a diverse group of jammin…I don’t know if you’d know this but Richard Wright, one of the founders of Pink Floyd passed away this week from cancer…

Lets see…I saw Pink Floyd in 1977 on the Animals tour
Frank Zappa in 1978…Frank was one of the greatest musicians and loco fellas of all time…oh man the songs he did…If you ever get a chance he did a movie called “200 Motels”…Ringo Starr was in it…hilarious strange and bizaar would describe it well…my favorite cut on it was “Bertram Redneck”…see it if you dare 8)
The Who in 1981 on their last world tour (1st Last)
didn’t see the rest of em…Saw a Doors tribute band
Still own the White Album/Abbey Road/ Sgt Peppers and Let It Be
my collection includes Prescence and In Through the Out Door by Zepp
gotta bit of Creme and much Clapton (Slo-Hand is my fav)

As I’ve mentioned before Genesis is my all time favorite band…I’ve seen just about every great band in concert…none was better or more musically sound than Genesis (Best Rock heavy metal group I’ve ever seen was Blue Oyster Cult…yow watta band)…of current bands I really like Widespread Panic (Check my last log entry for a sample), Metallica is unbelievable…don’t mind Lincoln Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Christian band Third Day, I also like REM a lot…hows that for an old man?[/quote]

I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA…

MORE COWBELL!

Hose

[quote]Earth, Wind and Fire
Ohio Players
The Isley Brothers
The Barkays
Con-Funk-Shun
Average White Band

The Rippingtons
Warren Hill
Jesse Cook
Grover Washington Jr.
Ronnie Laws
David Sanborn
Dave Koz[/quote]

Roger you jazz junky you (I got me some Return to Forever and Spyro Gyra)! And FUNK wow now I know you have a Leisure suit in the closet…Do a Little Dance Make a Little Love…get itchy feet around a mirrored disco ball do ya?

Hose…HOW true…I’ve seen them perform that song 5 different times now…they were the first band to really get deep into lazer shows…They used to have this 20 foot Godzilla pop up behind the drummer shooting lazers out of his eyes…during Godzilla of course 8) (Needed those…actually their show caused the rules of usage for lazers to change)…When they did Veteran of The Pshychic Wars, they’d have these dwarfs in monk outfits with reds lights for eyes come out and beat like 10 kettle drums during the song…great showmen…don’t ever remember a cowbell though :lol: One of the best SNL skits…

HOW BOUT that Irishpitcher with the Ravi Shankar reference…WOW! I actually have a Mahavishni Orchestra Album he did with John McGlothlin and Roger Glover (From Deep Purple). I also have a nice assortment of Dead…Blues for Allah my favorite album cover of all time (I hear it is used quite a bit in Iraq and Afganistan). Saw them in Lakeland Fl in 1980.

I just basically like Metallica. Also love classic rock such as CCR,Black Sabbath, Queen, David Bowie. also like that classic metal such as Iron Maiden.

Dang I can’t believe there’s no rednecks out there that like:

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Marshall Tucker
Charlie Daniels
Stevie Ray Vaughan
ZZ Top
Johnny Winter
Little Feat

Elvis?
Buddy Holly?

To name a few

[quote=“Roger”]Guess I’ll join in with all you old dudes…

Hey I’m 13 years old!

Dino

SRV…saw him with his brother here in Jacksonville…I love the Blues!!
Little Feat ain’t redneck they are fantastic jammin fun!
I saw Johnnie Winter warm up Blue Oyster Cult…crazy albino freak…but man can he play that there git fiddle. :wink:

[quote=“Dino”]Dang I can’t believe there’s no rednecks out there that like:

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Stevie Ray Vaughan
ZZ Top
Little Feat

To name a few[/quote]

AKA Classic Rock also.

1.) Iron Maiden
2.) Metallica
3.) Motorhead

What else could you need?

Is it me or do all closers like heavy metal?

Bower knows good music. Bower, did you listen to “Death Magnetic” yet

Here Bower/ KAZ try this it’s the new CD

I think it’s an outstanding tune and vid. It’s how Americans REALLY ARE…Metallica hits it on the head here!! 8)

I downloaded “Death Magnetic” on my IPOD the day it came out. My two fav songs on the album are "The Day That Never Came "(Vid Above) and “Cyanide”

I heard it was almost like newschool metal so I didn’t even listen to any of it. I guess I was just afraid. With some of the great metallica albums it scared me to think this one would be good. I guess I’ll have to give in and listen to it.

Wow I do like that video that you posted JD. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Good video, nice song too.