Fastball velocity comparison for high school

Ebal…great attitude! Stay humble, keep learning…you’ll find when you are 50 you’ll still feel the same way…You are looking at this in a very mature way. Use your skills to their best advantage and you will do those good things.

Ebal…great attitude! Stay humble, keep learning…you’ll find when you are 50 you’ll still feel the same way…You are looking at this in a very mature way. Use your skills to their best advantage and you will do those good things.[/quote]

Thank you. I am working at it as it is (I lift 6 nights a week, throw 4 days a week, long-toss, play football and basketball to stay in shape, etc.) but I know I have to keep it up if I want to step my game up to the next level.

As I said, I can be inconsistent, but I’m trying to modify my detrimental variations from game to game. I think watching film of myself is helping that a lot, and that is strongly recommended to anyone that struggles repeating their delivery.

If anyone has any more tips on that subject I would love to hear them.

Thanks for the comments so far, and if anyone has any more tips at all regarding turning raw tools into a polished product, please share.

Thanks all.

-Eli

Watch out. You might not throw many pitches but make sure you don’t wear your arm down.

Watch out. You might not throw many pitches but make sure you don’t wear your arm down.[/quote]

I only throw long toss once a week, and most of it is just a quick toss.

15 year old sophmore
regularly 81-83 but max is 86 but not controlled yet
arsenal: 4 seam,2 seam, curve, cutter, change

Cruising around 72, throwing harder then anyone on my team. :stuck_out_tongue:

Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

Crickey, someone honestly thinks we’re going to take 5’10" 145lbs and 85mph at 15-16 seriously… Especially when they all say they’re doing it.

[quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

Crickey, someone honestly thinks we’re going to take 5’10" 145lbs and 85mph at 15-16 seriously… Especially when they all say they’re doing it.[/quote]

How hard did you throw in HS, you 90-mph-er?

mad slow for my size. 6’2, 160lbs and in the process of drastically changing mechanics. Was gunned this week and was sitting between 68-73.

[quote=“jpeavy44”][quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

Crickey, someone honestly thinks we’re going to take 5’10" 145lbs and 85mph at 15-16 seriously… Especially when they all say they’re doing it.[/quote]

How hard did you throw in HS, you 90-mph-er?[/quote]Low 80’s senior year. Wasn’t until I got stronger in college did I start throwing hard.

[quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“jpeavy44”][quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

How hard did you throw in HS, you 90-mph-er?[/quote]Low 80’s senior year. Wasn’t until I got stronger in college did I start throwing hard.[/quote]

good stuff pocketrocket

I hear you about the 13 year olds throwing 85 mph…yeah right. My gut instinct suggests that if you take about 5-7 mph off of each one of the suggested mphs in these posts, we’d be closer to reality. What was your size in high school and how did that change at college? Was kind of strength increases doyou think helped you the most and how much MPH did you increase because of it??

[quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

Well I got clocked there about a week and a half ago on like 3 Jugs and 3 Stalkers, and tbh I dont really care if you believe me or not, its the truth.

And I know where your coming from btw, it does seem that there are alot of future D1 recruits lurking these forums, but in this case you picked the wrong one to call out lol. I’d prove it to you with a video but I’ve shut down my arm for a while, maybe later on I’ll put up my showcase info with my pitches and velocities.

Btw how big are you, how old are you, and what are you throwin currently?

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”][quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]Update on me- Junior now, 5-10/11 160 pounds, I sit at about 82-84 peak at 85 (gunned not estimated), and that was this fall not in mid season shape. Hopefully Mid season will be more 84-86.[/quote]Am I the only guy that wasn’t a super-athlete in H.S.?

Well I got clocked there about a week and a half ago on like 3 Jugs and 3 Stalkers, and tbh I dont really care if you believe me or not, its the truth.[/quo

I don’t think anyone is calling you out FTBLL.

5’10 or 11 and 160 pounds is pretty solid and indicates likely you have functional strength and the ability to translate that to the mound. I certainly believe you sit in the 82-84 range. Heck thats pretty much the same build as my kid and he is right there with you.

But 13 and 140 pounds and 88 mph is nonsense

Oh, misread it I guess. I kinda thought he was talking about the other kid, but I didn’t understand why he quoted me.

I’m 13 and I’m 5’7" 110lbs.

4 seam fastball: 72-74 top 76
2 seam fastball: 70-72 top 74
Circle Change: 58-62

There is no chance that 14% of kids on these boards are gunning 86+.

It’s too bad these polls never really give an accurate response, as I would love to see where I match up against my peers.

Update 13 5’7.5" 115

4 seam- 74-76 top 78
2 seam- 72-74
CircleChange 58-62