Fastball velocity comparison for high school

[quote=“Josh!”]13
6’0 165 pounds.
73-76 mph.[/quote]

13 yr old 6’0 i thought i was tall what do they feed you!??

sophomore just turned 16… 80-84
6’2 148 lbs

Well i’m 6-1 and a 7th grader

Oh yeah fool? Well I was 5’8 as a 7th grader! Beat that.

Short One

thats much better…???..

Hahahahhahahahaha.

well i havent pitched in nearly 6 yrs… but i still throw pretty dang fast but im built when it comes to power… im hoping i still have it in me to be able to throw a couple new pitches cause right now i can only throw a fastball

Of course I know what it is. It’s “will you sleep with me”. Would you pefer that be that in hebrew, “ata rotzeh lishon im ani be he laila ha zeh”?

well im only 5’6 and i’l be 16 in 4 months :frowning:

I am 15. I weigh in at 155. I am 6’ 2" tall. I throw anywhere from 70-85. I don’t know where all you guys are getting gunned but I dont have $2000.00 to spend on a radar gun.

So you assume its from 70-85?

use the method of the stop watch… it was posted a little earlier.

use the method of the stop watch… it was posted a little earlier.[/quote]

the stopwatch is inconsistent the ball is too fast for the naked eye… take a video… count the number of frames from release point to catch and divide it by frames per second your camera has… this is how long it took in seconds… divide 60 by that number and thats how many feet per second the ball travels… then multiply that by .6818181818181818 and youll get an almost exact mph depending on whether or not your cameras frames are taken evenly or how well they do to high speed but either way its pretty close…

i did the stopwatch test, it is incosistent i did it and got 83 but the next one was 71, then i did it again and got 88 but that can’t be right

the stopwatch is inconsistent the ball is too fast for the naked eye… take a video… count the number of frames from release point to catch and divide it by frames per second your camera has… this is how long it took in seconds… divide 60 by that number and thats how many feet per second the ball travels… then multiply that by .6818181818181818 and youll get an almost exact mph depending on whether or not your cameras frames are taken evenly or how well they do to high speed but either way its pretty close…

yea, the stopwatch method isnt the most accurate way to measure.
But im 14 around 120 lbs and i havent clocked my fastball this year but last year( my 8th grade year) i was around 67-69 topping out at around 71

Im happy i dont have to high speed or frame by frame this year because i got a radar ball for christmas and im gonna use tht this year and see if its consistant

the stop watch worked for me, I did it on dusty delso’s sun in the video I was consistently getting 76-81 and i think thats where he said he was at or somewhere around there so its pretty close if you have a good reaction time, i did it on my cell phone even.

nah in that video he was throwing 80%, dusty said it was around 70 mph.

I am 14 8th grade. On the scale hitting around 125 and I am 5’6

My fastball hits about 55 not much. I am a control pitcher and my change up is around 52 same arm motion.

[quote=“RHP…”]Work on taking more off of your changeup. Ideally you want your CH to be 8-10 MPH less than your FB.

Don’t slow your arm down, just put more skin on the ball. Get it deeper in the hand and it should do the trick.[/quote]

Alright I will try that. I haven’t been getting to pitch as much lately because my back up catcher who catches for me is our best SS so need him there.

im 6’2" 155lbs a senior in hs topping out at 79 - 80mph on the gun. havent been pitching much so that should be going up a tad and easy cruising at 80mph by the end of summer.