*Fargo's season log of pitching and hitting*

Hey guys, i thought it would be beneficial to start a running log of everything i do that involves baseball.

Class: 2013
Height: 6’1"
Weight: 158
Top Velocity: 75
Average (estimate): 69
Change: about 60
Curve: about 58

So far this season i’ve been doing really well at pitching. I played JV baseball as a freshman and was 1 of the main starters. My highschool is just being built, so we didn’t even have a Varsity team last year… Next year will be the 1st year of Davies Varsity for any sport.

Goals:
-Throw 82 mph by the start of next season

• Win state again this year for the 4th time
  • Have a .500 batting average for travel baseball

If anybody has comments or criticism or anything feel free to post it.

Stats as of July 1st:

Total Stats: 7W-1L 45 1/3IP 10ER 17BB 51K’s 1.57 ERA

Batting for Travel ball: .500 AVG 10BB 1K 9RBI 11R

Stats for 6/30 and 7/1-

first game: 2 for 3, a double, 1 walk, 2 RBI, and 2 Runs.
Pitched 2 innings: 3 hits, 1 ER, 3 strikeouts. just kept the lead. We were up like 14-9. We were up by 9 runs but our pitchers were walking everyone so i came in to throw strikes. I really wasn’t happy with my curveball because most were too far into the dirt…

7/1 double header-
2 for 4, 2 BB, 2 RBI, 2 Runs. I batted in the 3 spot, usually i bat in the 2 spot.

Pitched 3 innings and i felt a lot better tonight then yesterday. i gave up 1 hit, 1 BB, 4 SO, and i hit someone. It was the first time this year after almost 50 innings i’ve been anyone. It was a bunch of crap though… it was an inside fastball and he stuck his elbow out like crazy. i really just lost all my respect for that guy after that. he’s not even a good ballplayer… just trying to get on by sticking his elbow out even though the pitch is only 2 inches off the plate. I held the lead to win 9-6.

We have a game tonight againsta good 14 year old tream. Still should be an easy game.
I’ll update tomorrow.

Well the game was only 4 innings long and i got home early so i’ll post it now. We won 19-4… it was just a slaughter.

I went 2-2 with two bunts for base hits and 2 walks. Both bunts were nicely placed down the 3rd base line and there wasn’t a throw to 1st on either bunt. That’s 6 bunts for base hits this year… almost a third of my hits!

in the field i didn’t perform well but it was only my 2nd error of the year. i made a shorthop throw to first on a weak grounder up the middle. i made a few more bad throws but my 1st baseman saved me.

now i’m 18/34 this year.

Tournament this weekend. A couple Minneapolis teams are coming so it’ll be decent competition.

we play 2 games tonight and then 3 tomorrow.

We ended up winning the tourney this weekend. I played SS for the first 4 games and then pitched in the championship.

I pitched really well. I let up 2 runs over 6 innings. neither of the runs were earned though. I mixed up my pitches a lot, throwing around 50% fastballs, 40% curves, and 10% change ups.

Over the whole tourney i went 8 for 14 with all singles. 2 of them were base hit bunts… now that’s 8 on the year for bunts that i get on base.

Did really well tonight at our divisonal tourney. We’re into state now so i guess that feels good… But we’ve won state in 06, 08, and 09 so we expect to win it again. i guess we’ll know in about a week.

so i pitched 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 BB, 13 K’s. Probably my best start all year.

At the plate i went 3-4, 1 triple, 1 RBI, and 1 run.

Good day all around.

Won EDC divisional tourney. We’re the #1 seed in our state tournament that starts on friday. Long 7 hour drive to get to the tourney though…

went 1-3 with a single and a walk. not a great day but it works i guess.

Time for state. 7 hour drive tomorrow to the tournament.

I’ll post after state… unless we lose, then i might be too angry to post.

what state?