Eye on the target

when i do this it throws my mechs way off and i end up missing the entire SZ

rather, i look at the target after ive reached the peak of my knee lift

whats the reasoning behind looking at the target thruout your motion?

i dont know, but i do it, and it works for me. maybe its a focus thing. do whatever works for you as a pitcher. :smiley:

either way works here but no look has more speed and focus is more location i focus usually cause i truely need help on speed

[quote=“OffSet”]when i do this it throws my mechs way off and i end up missing the entire SZ

rather, i look at the target after ive reached the peak of my knee lift

whats the reasoning behind looking at the target thruout your motion?[/quote]
You mechs get messed up because you’re not yet comfortable with looking at the target the whole time. In other words, that goes against your current habit. You may also feel insecure about your positioning and balance without checking yourself by looking down where your feet are.

I think that if you practice looking at the target enough, you’ll eventually get comfortable with it. Looking at the target and focusing on a small target gives your body direction.

Looking away from the target and then back at the target has the following issues:

(1) The eyes take time to focus on an object so you lose that sense of direction until too late in your delivery.

(2) Looking away often involves head movement which can throw off posture and balance.

nicely said