Extreme initial pain

For the last couple of pitching days regardless of how long I stretch for (I’ll be honest I am not a big stretcher I normally spend like 5 minutes stretching, but lately because of this problem have done 15 minute stretches) no matter how hard I throw (even just like soft toss) my upper arm is in extreme pain. The past couple of sessions I was able to fight through the pain for 5-8 pitches and then my arm was fine and I pitched 60 more pitches without any pain. Today though, the pain just wouldn’t go away and I had nothing on my throws and I had to stop.

I know its hard to diagnose injuries over the internet, but am I looking at something serious and should consol a doctor/trainer or is it just a matter of pre-pitching tactics / overdoing it with the weights?

i would go see a doctor if i were you. I wouldnt screw around

[quote=“Mopple”]For the last couple of pitching days regardless of how long I stretch for (I’ll be honest I am not a big stretcher I normally spend like 5 minutes stretching, but lately because of this problem have done 15 minute stretches) no matter how hard I throw (even just like soft toss) my upper arm is in extreme pain. The past couple of sessions I was able to fight through the pain for 5-8 pitches and then my arm was fine and I pitched 60 more pitches without any pain. Today though, the pain just wouldn’t go away and I had nothing on my throws and I had to stop.

I know its hard to diagnose injuries over the internet, but am I looking at something serious and should consol a doctor/trainer or is it just a matter of pre-pitching tactics / overdoing it with the weights?[/quote]

Go to a doctor.

Now.