Ever tried?

has anyone ever tried this nutrition shake before?http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=3182&section=10027
it’s used by many professional athletes. to name a couple off the top of my head is chase utley, brady quinn and vernon davis. wat makes this shake different then others is that it provides vitamins and minerals along with the protein, carbs and calories.

we use muscle milk (cookis & cream or chocolate) 3x per day in 2% milk (600+ calories per shake) plus protein based diet - no sugar, little to no starch (bread, potatoes, rice). can get it at any sporting goods/health food store for about $30 a drum. lasts about a month. the 2% milk will break you but it’s expensive being a high performance athlete.

do a search on the net and look for diets that build lean muscle mass. they all start to look very similar.

dr oz’s diet (from the oprah show) is very good.

[quote]has anyone ever tried this nutrition shake before?http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=3182&section=10027
it’s used by many professional athletes. to name a couple off the top of my head is chase utley, brady quinn and vernon davis. wat makes this shake different then others is that it provides vitamins and minerals along with the protein, carbs and calories.
[/quote]

Myoplex is alright, it can definitely become pricey. Don’t look at the athlete endorsements, in reality all it means is they are going to charge you more for the end product, because well somehow they are going to cover their marketing costs.
In reality it’s not much different than the other shakes, EAS is an alright company, they have cheap bulk whey.

[quote=“dusty delso”]we use muscle milk (cookis & cream or chocolate) 3x per day in 2% milk (600+ calories per shake) plus protein based diet - no sugar, little to no starch (bread, potatoes, rice). can get it at any sporting goods/health food store for about $30 a drum. lasts about a month. the 2% milk will break you but it’s expensive being a high performance athlete.
[/quote]

I’m just trying to figure out the pricing on this one. I tend to avoid muscle milk due to price point. Your talking the 2.48lb product for around $30 right?

I ask because those drums only have 15 servings and well, or 5 days worth if your going 3x daily? I may be confused here, just asking…

My recommendation would be Biotests Metabolic Drive Complete.
This is no doubt different from many protein drinks. It uses a variety of very high quality proteins (whey isolate, calcium casienate, caseine, and others), because of this it’s amino acid profile (what makes up the proteins) is extremely high quality.

Also a very big thing the carbs contained are from solid sources. It even has 8g of fiber. With high protein diets, people’s fiber intake is often too low.

Taste reviews on the thing are like nothing I have ever seen, and well Biotest has an absolute cult following. They pump out high quality products and are a very solid company. Their executives are lifters as well, some of the really big companies are further away from that.

Ah and well I don’t usually find men’s health to be anything worth reading but…

They named the 150 best FOODS, and Metabolic Drive was the ONLY supplement they placed on the entire list. That’s impressive IMO.

If you cannot tell, I have been extremely pleased with biotest, so my opinions may contain some sort of bias.

I’m more of a bulk whey protein, make my own shake sorta guy. The MRP shakes get to pricey for me over time.

how many time do you guys drink the protein shakes on non workout days and workout days?

I take some protein in the morning along with breakfast and some after I lift/workout at night.

so u lift every day?

6 days a week pretty much. I change up the weights and exercise I do.

[quote=“dusty delso”]we use muscle milk (cookis & cream or chocolate) 3x per day in 2% milk (600+ calories per shake) plus protein based diet - no sugar, little to no starch (bread, potatoes, rice). can get it at any sporting goods/health food store for about $30 a drum. lasts about a month. the 2% milk will break you but it’s expensive being a high performance athlete.

do a search on the net and look for diets that build lean muscle mass. they all start to look very similar.

dr oz’s diet (from the oprah show) is very good.[/quote]
If your son is drinking 3 600 calorie shakes a day, theres got to be something amiss. Supplements are great, but they cant take the place of regular food. Is he on a 5k cal a day diet or something?

An extra 1800 calories a day in the form of supplementation is not overly excessive for an active athlete in my opinion. On the high side? Maybe, but not excessive. It boils down to many different things such as the athletes goals, muscle mass/body fat levels, age, activity level and metabolic rate. Taking in 5000 calories daily may seem high to some, however a I am familiar with MANY athletes who take in that many or more.

In regard to fairly inexpensive ways to take in extra nutritionally good calories, here is what I do 2-3 times daily.

2 scoops of “Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protien” mixed with 2/3 cup of quick oats in about 10 ounces of water. Shake this up in a shaker and let it sit for around 10 minutes so that the oatmeal gets soft and drink it up.
Each of these shakes give you approximately 350 calorie with 46 grams of protien, 38 grams of slow burning carbs (very important), less than 2 grams of fat and less than 2 grams of sugar. I buy the protien powder online in 10lb. bags for $48.00/10 lb. bag. The total cost of each shake breaks down to around .65 cents each.

yes he is doing 2 to 3 shakes a day. he leans toward the thin side instead of the thick. and we do grueling workouts for 45 min to an hour 6 days per week. he says he feels better.

the drum says 2.45 lbs for $27 bucks. we do 2 scoops per shake and it lasts about 6 weeks. i haven’t done the math. i know the prepackaged at the conveinience stores are $3+ per small carton.

that, no soda, no candy, avoid starch whenever possible.

it’s simple and working for us.

[quote]has anyone ever tried this nutrition shake before?http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=3182&section=10027
it’s used by many professional athletes. to name a couple off the top of my head is chase utley, brady quinn and vernon davis. wat makes this shake different then others is that it provides vitamins and minerals along with the protein, carbs and calories.[/quote]

EAS Myoplex Original is one of the only supplements approved for use by MLB and Minor League Baseball. EAS has a few approved products, and along with Gatorade bars and Red Bull they make up the entire list of “legal” products for use. This simply means they’ve gone through 3rd party testing approved my MLB. EAS is also the approved company of the NFL.

The reason these products are endorsed by pro athletes is because they work out at Athlete’s Performance in AZ and that’s what they give their atheletes.

I’d say that EAS has some very good products and if you’re ever worried about tainted supplements for college and beyond, you can’t go wrong with EAS.