Energy, Power, Momentum?

Maybe someone can help me here. I dont really understand how you can maintain momentum and energy? Like, how do you really get anything out of your “rocker step”? The only way i can see you keeping that momentum is by going fast through your wind up and looking like Robert Woodard. Otherwise it would get lost. But noone looks like that really? So maybe can someone break down where you get your energy and how to maintain it? Also, the faster the mechanics, the better? (Under control though)

Thanks a lot

I use a rocker step because I feel it gets the body to throw at the target. Some times if you just lift the leg side ways without the rocker step I feel that im loosing the momentum at the target and it’s going to 3rd base.

look at roger clemens and how he lifts his leg then when he comes down a little all the explostion to the plate.

In this video of roger clemens you will see how he gets everything towards the plate by starting with a rocker step. it will not show him pitching right away but they show a clip of near the catcher so you can see.

1min 20 seconds in look at how he drives his body.

[quote=“RIstar”]I use a rocker step because I feel it gets the body to throw at the target. Some times if you just lift the leg side ways without the rocker step I feel that im loosing the momentum at the target and it’s going to 3rd base.

look at roger clemens and how he lifts his leg then when he comes down a little all the explostion to the plate.

In this video of roger clemens you will see how he gets everything towards the plate by starting with a rocker step. it will not show him pitching right away but they show a clip of near the catcher so you can see.

1min 20 seconds in look at how he drives his body.

No offence dude, but ur talking crap

U just copy whatever you see on the internet.
wheres the argument?
If u take that big step back ul loose they momentum anyways, when u turning ur leg up to right shoulder.

come up with sum arguments plz

For me the rocker step has helped me alot.

It gets me ready to throw the ball it might be good for you or bad but with my delivery it really helps alot.

4 me a rocker step definitely helps me increase momentum and it helps to make my deliver effortless so that i throw harder wit control

Well, let me ask you, what do you thing of Robert Woodard’s Rocker step and Mechanics?

I wish i could find a video. Sorry.

the rocker step isnt that important. i cant name him but theres someone that steps foward with there windup and hes playing MLB. personally i step to the side more to the center of the rubber with my windup and i throw mid-low 80’s.

The rocker step i believe is on comfort and balance not momentum.

[quote=“SP1B”]Maybe someone can help me here. I dont really understand how you can maintain momentum and energy? Like, how do you really get anything out of your “rocker step”? The only way i can see you keeping that momentum is by going fast through your wind up and looking like Robert Woodard. Otherwise it would get lost. But noone looks like that really? So maybe can someone break down where you get your energy and how to maintain it? Also, the faster the mechanics, the better? (Under control though)

Thanks a lot[/quote]

Momentum is important. How one generates momentum, however, depends on their strength, flexibility and what feel comfortable to them. Using a rocker step is just one way to initiate movement to create momentum.

Now, once you’ve started moving toward the target, you build momentum and energy. The way you maintain that energy is to have proper mechanics and timing. In particular, you need to perform the pieces of the delivery in the proper sequence and with proper timing such that there are no delays nor overlaps. So, for example, if you pause at the balance point, then you waste the momentum and energy that you have built up to the point. Similarly, if you rotate the shoulders at the same time as the hips, then you don’t take advantage of the energy from hip rotation to maximize shoulder rotation.

Moving faster generates more momentum and energy. However, it takes more strength and flexibility to maintain proper mechanics and timing while moving faster. For example, after the front foot plants, the front leg must brace and block the front hip to force the back hip to rotate around the front hip. The faster you move, the stronger the front leg must be. And the stronger the core must be in order to maintain good posture and balance. So move only as fast as your strength and flexibility allow.

Um, can’t use a rocker step out of the stretch. Does that mean we’re gonna lose a few mph’s with guys on base??