Energy drinks

Whats everyones oppinion on them?

they suck! All they do is give you a tiny burst for like 10 minutes, anthen u crash…OH, and they make you FAT!!!

It’s the carbonation that I think is the even bigger problem. A lot of pro pitchers drink coffee before they pitch … for the caffeine. But the carbonation in the energy drinks honestly always made me and a lot of my teammates on my pitching staff a little gassy, bloated, and cramped up. I did drink coffee, though, and took the occasional Ripped Fuel (or similar) with water or Gatorade to focus on those days when I was feeling a little tired.

i disagree with steven. i do not think its the carbonation thats the problem i think its the sugar, corn syrup, and guarana. the cause the dreaded crash not the carbonation

I think energy drinks are far too overrated. The actual amounts of vitamins and minerals in drinks like vitamin water do not act as a mmagic potion to make you play better.

There are not nearly enough nutrients in energy drinks to do anything major. However, you will feel that terrible crash about 10 to 20 minutes later; which in my opinion is worse than the initial fatigue.

What I recommend is eating before the game. Have a lot of carbs. Also, keep a bottle of orange juice on hand. The nutrients in something natural will help you better than something artificial.

Of course, I may be wrong. Not everyone’s make-up is the same, this is just what works for me.

I didn’t say the carbonation causes the crash. I’m simply talking about the the carbonation making you feel uncomfortable when you’re trying to perform all out. I’m still a fan of coffee :coffee:

i never drink them before games.
I just have hard classes in the morning and need something to wake me up…
Im going to try sugar free redbull tomorrow morning (ap forensics with an o so cheerful teacher)
ive never really felt a crash after drinking any ill see how it goes…
btw great points from everyone

[quote=“cameron20”]i never drink them before games.
I just have hard classes in the morning and need something to wake me up…
Im going to try sugar free redbull tomorrow morning (ap forensics with an o so cheerful teacher)
ive never really felt a crash after drinking any ill see how it goes…
btw great points from everyone[/quote]

If you want one to really get you going in the morning, try Spike.
Energy-wise: I’d rate a 10+. (prolly something to do with the 300mg of caffeine)
Taste= 10++: Freaking great taste. Its like Hawain Punch with a little bit of carbonation.

Even though i like Spike, energy drinks are still horrible for you.

ill look into that thanks

I have to wonder though about those ridiculously high levels of caffeine. 300mgs cannot be healthy for your heart, especially when you’re trying to run down a ball in center field, or trying to leg out a triple. All that extra juice that your body is going to be pumping with the help of that caffeine might hurt you more than it helps. Heart palpitations are not things you want when you have to be ready for the next play.

i lookede into that spike those things just sound deadly they arent even recommended for people under 18 and it says not to drink the entire can the first couple times because its so potent

Geez…18 and up for an energy drink…

What do they put in those? 1 part sugar, 2 parts caffeine, and 3 parts steroids?? :shock:

Water has always satisfied me. As I drink some Lemonade haha. But I usually never drink “pop” or as you non-upstaters say “soda”. I guess I just don’t like it that much. I hate how people drink it so much that it doesn’t even taste good. People drink it like water. When I hate soda or an energy drink I like to enjoy it as a “treat” which is all it should be. I don’t drink Gatorade while I play usually just good old water.

Your and oddity these days man. Ask 10 people on the street, probably 8 of them would say they drink more soda than water (sadly)

i havent drinked soda in 5 years, i cant stand the way it taste… from what i hear from team mates is that energy drinks make them cramp up and make them feel tired later on.

THey cramp up bcuz they dont hydrate well enough…

I never drink Soda, but I do drink energy drinks fairly often, its a vice of mine. I love most of the monsters, Lo-Carb normally because theres no crash cuz theres no sugar, and on an early morning game/practice/hungovers saturday morning theres nothing better than M-80 monster, its like a mix of pineapple and orange juice (It is 80% juice). The new line of Amps are good, Elevate especially has gotten me through those late night AP english papers. My alltime favorite that you cannot find anywhere is Bawls XXtra energy, it basically tastes like cherry flavored sprite, and the kick is amazing.

For those of you who don’t like energy drinks however, coffee (Black coffee is also a vice of mine) and those 5-hour energy shots are great. 5-hour energy especially is great, it gives you literally hours of relaxed energy, no jitters like excess caffeine or the such.

"For those of you who don’t like energy drinks however, coffee (Black coffee is also a vice of mine) and those 5-hour energy shots are great. 5-hour energy especially is great, it gives you literally hours of relaxed energy, no jitters like excess caffeine or the such.[/quote]

…Those 5 hour energy drinks are nassssty. At least the Lemon Lime flavor is. You ever try Spike? And your right, the Bawls drinks are great

…Those 5 hour energy drinks are nassssty. At least the Lemon Lime flavor is. You ever try Spike? And your right, the Bawls drinks are great[/quote]

No never tried Spike, and I don’t think the 5 hour energy drinks are that bad. If it was a 16 ounce can, that would be one thing, but all your doing is pounding back a tiny little two ounce shot, and compared to some of the stuff I’ve drank before it is not bad at all lol. Bawls is the best too

my chem teacher was telling somebody that always drank red bulls in class
how energy drinks are only like 3 carbons different than cocaine