Elliott Goldstein Pitching Analysis 2

I posted a few months ago, and I feel as if my mechanics have improved but still feel like I can get more out of my body.

Try working on bending your back knee, and driving farther down the mound. Doesn’t look like you are using the full potential of your legs.

Work on the stride.

Hey Elliott

I posted a few months ago, and I feel as if my mechanics have improved but still feel like I can get more out of my body.

I did some analysis of your mechanics a few months back and yes you have improved your upper half mechanics quite a bit. Take a look at the pics below and you can see that you keep you glove in closer to your body and it stays within the center of you body. You also don’t turn your back as much as you used to. Well done

LTP%20Elliot%20G LTP%20Elliot%20G%20%232

You also said you feel like you can get more out of your body. Well yes you can. You have to using the bottom half correctly. The greatest key component to this explosive movement is “leg drive,” or the moment the pitcher moves down the mound after reaching peak leg lift. The most common example is that of the roller coaster on a hill to illustrate potential and kinetic energy.

At the top of the hill, the roller coaster is at peak potential energy. It then converts to kinetic energy as it moves down the slope and gains speed. A pitcher’s center of mass needs to move with the slope of the mound the same way a roller coaster moves down a hill.

This is something during your off season you must work on. Learn how to use ground force to help explosively down the mound while sitting into your delivery. Look at the pics below for a visual

You must also work on staying closed moving down the mound in your delivery. See below

Corey%20OswaltLTP%20Elliot%20G%20%233

Spend you off season working on your lower half mechanics. You can reach out to me if you have any questions

Steve EBP