Elbow Pain

Hi im 13 years old i pitch from 60ft 6".
I play year round.
8 games in spring
23 games in summer
soon starting fall ball 14 games
After i pitch i jog around the baseball field.
Then i ice my shoulder for 20 mins and elbow for 15 mins.
But before i ice my arm i feel pain in my arm by my elbow is that because of a ligament or something?

[quote=“lilbernardo”]Hi im 13 years old i pitch from 60ft 6".
I play year round.
8 games in spring
23 games in summer
But before i ice my arm i feel pain in my arm by my elbow is that because of a ligament or something?[/quote]

The pain means you are putting more stress on your body than it can handle (and the icing won’t do anything to solve that problem).

You say you play in 45 games a year (year round).

How many of those games do you pitch in? For how many innings? How many pitches do you throw in a game?

[quote=“Chris O’Leary”][quote=“lilbernardo”]Hi im 13 years old i pitch from 60ft 6".
I play year round.
8 games in spring
23 games in summer
But before i ice my arm i feel pain in my arm by my elbow is that because of a ligament or something?[/quote]

The pain means you are putting more stress on your body than it can handle (and the icing won’t do anything to solve that problem).

You say you play in 45 games a year (year round).

How many of those games do you pitch in? For how many innings? How many pitches do you throw in a game?[/quote]

I pitch probably about every 3rd game. We play week game and sun. double header. I pitch if im doing well around 5-6 innings no more then 80 pitches but my arm is shot by like around 70.

It sounds like you are pitching too much for your age (too many games and too many pitches per game).

13 is a very vulnerable age for pitchers like you because you are developing the muscles of an adult but will still have the bones of a child for 3 years.