Elbow pain, aggonizing 2 years

I was a very good/overused pitcher in my little elague days (im 15 now), and it is still affecting me until this day. I threw way too many curve balls, which i regret now, and pitched far too often. Ever since about two years ago, i’ve had pains in my elbow. I went to a doctor to get an MRI, and evrything came up fine, according to them. Well I took a break from throwing for quite some time, and was wondering the best approach to start throwing again. SHould i warm up many months before i competitively pitcha again or what?

You should get into a good workout like tuff cuff. It’ a workout done by a pro steven ellis the owner of this website. And if you can’t afford that then come back and ask for some of the members to put one together.

How hard do you throw?

got radared throwing 73 freshman (last) year, have yet to throw this year. I wanna make sure my elbow is in top shape for the season, and wanna start my rehabilitation/training as soon as possible.

You should definitely start off slow and work your way back into throwing. When my younger son had a case of pitcher’s elbow, he shut down for 2 months. Then we started up by doing a week of short toss followed by 2 weeks of medium toss and a week of long toss. It wasn’t until a month after he started throwing that he threw his first pitch. (This was a good approach that made sense for my son’s situation. I’ve described it here as an example. You need to determine what is appropriate for you and not necessarily do just what I’ve described.)

You should also start up a strength and conditioning program making sure you achieve balance in your strength and flexibility. As with the throwing, start of slowly and work your way up from there.

Finally, you should consider finding a good pitching coach to assess your mechanics to make sure there isn’t something about your mechanics that is causing your pain.

[quote=“Roger”]You should definitely start off slow and work your way back into throwing. When my younger son had a case of pitcher’s elbow, he shut down for 2 months. Then we started up by doing a week of short toss followed by 2 weeks of medium toss and a week of long toss. It wasn’t until a month after he started throwing that he threw his first pitch. (This was a good approach that made sense for my son’s situation. I’ve described it here as an example. You need to determine what is appropriate for you and not necessarily do just what I’ve described.)

You should also start up a strength and conditioning program making sure you achieve balance in your strength and flexibility. As with the throwing, start of slowly and work your way up from there.

Finally, you should consider finding a good pitching coach to assess your mechanics to make sure there isn’t something about your mechanics that is causing your pain.[/quote]

thanks alot for the reply. I’m gonna take your advice and baby myself into pitching again. I’m going to be attending pitching lessons with a well known pitching coach in my area. [/url]betterpitching.com
. hopefully he’ll help me out some too.