Elbow pain after taking month off

I have a pain in my elbow after I took a whole month off from any throwing activity. It only hurts when I throw, and I ice and take ibuprofen all the time but those are just temporary. Do I throw through it? Is it hurting because I haven’t used it in a while and it’s getting used to that motion again? Should I see a doctor?

Yes, see a doctor.

That said, how old are you? Where is the pain? Is it in the medial side (inside when palm is facing up) or lateral side (outside when palm is facing up) of the elbow? Did you have pain before you took a month off? How many months of the year do you play baseball?

[quote=“south paw”]Yes, see a doctor.

That said, how old are you? Where is the pain? Is it in the medial side (inside when palm is facing up) or lateral side (outside when palm is facing up) of the elbow? Did you have pain before you took a month off? How many months of the year do you play baseball?[/quote]

I’m 18, I play baseball 11 months out of the year. The pain is in the medial side. I took the month off because I had a shoulder injury (shoulder impingement), and no I did not have elbow pain prior to taking the month off.

Is your shoulder fully healed and rehab’d and do you have confidence in it? If not, you’re possibly favoring it and over-taxing your elbow.