Elbow issues (injury vs mechanics)

Hi guys, I posted something like this before recently but I am looking for new insight. I posted about inner elbow pain and If it was anything serious. I got a good response saying it was probably a mechanical thing about my arm motion and that could be causing the pain. I have worked with a pitching coach and have fixed the arm mechanics but I still feel pain when I throw on my inner elbow and sometimes on the bottom of the elbow. Some other things I have felt is a little after I throw there is sometimes pain and when I fully extend it there is a little popping noise at the bottom of the elbow but no pain. I also have been getting stronger and fixing my mechanics but not gaining velocity. I am guessing that even though my arm mechanics and arm angle has changed, I have already done some damage from the past. I have thought about maybe minor medial epicondylitis or something. If anyone has any insight or questions at all that would he appreciated.

Antoniof9,

“I posted about inner elbow pain and If it was anything serious.”

It’s pretty much always serious if you do not know how to mitigate the problem and when you go to a reputable adult and he helps you repeat the problem your choices become a catch 22.

“ I got a good response saying it was probably a mechanical thing about my arm motion and that could be causing the pain.”

This is because it is always a mechanical problem that causes every joint pathology and even most soft tissue problems.

“I have worked with a pitching coach and have fixed the arm mechanics”

You have worked with a traditionally oriented pitching coach like 99% of all of them, who virtually have no clue as to why you perform pathomechanics because that is what they teach!

“I still feel pain when I throw on my inner elbow and sometimes on the bottom of the elbow.”

This area of pain indicates you forearmm supinate all your throw and pitch types that has your elbow crash together ballistically, slamming the olecranon process of your Ulna into it’s Fossa causing over 10 known pathomechanical effects.

“Some other things I have felt is a little after I throw there is sometimes pain and when I fully extend it there is a little popping noise at the bottom of the elbow but no pain.”

The more times you forearm supinate your pitch types the less range of motion in both directions your are creating. The popping noises are normally nitrogen bubbles passing thru an impingement in the cartilage by end of range of motion pressure.

“I also have been getting stronger and fixing my mechanics but not gaining velocity.”

What are you fixing in your mechanics! Try fixing your pitch types and forearm drive to mitigate this problem.

“ I am guessing that even though my arm mechanics and arm angle has changed”

This is a good start if you changed in the right direction

“I have already done some damage from the past.”

2 of the only permenant damages done to youth pitchers is loss of range of motion in the elbow, shoulder and forearm joints and lost growth potential by pre-mature closure, all caused by pitch types from forearm articulation.

“I have thought about maybe minor medial epicondylitis or something.”

This is exactly what is happening and when it gets to Itis it is not minor, your flexors are also overstressed because they have to decelerate your whip snapped supinated hand .

“If anyone has any insight or questions at all that would he appreciated.”

learn to take the ball down then back then up while supinating your forearm, pendulum swinging it with simultaneous glove side foot (benchmark) plant arrival. Now you can powerfully pronate all your pitch types. This will allow you to later (or now) work out “sport specifically“ overloading with no concern about elbow injuries.

After talking with a doctor recently about my elbow he pointed out that the back of my shoulder was especially weak. My hyper mobile shoulders lead the stress to be placed on my elbow instead. He told me to strengthen the back ofy shoulder, especially external rotation and forearm exercises. Perhaps this might be the same problem for you, that the back of your shoulder is lacking.

Thanks for the helpful info! So do you think there is an injury and I should see a doctor or should I just fix mechanics and stuff and that should fix the problem?

Thank you for the insight!

My son is 13 and had clicking and pain in his elbow last year. He rested, participated in PT and it continued to hurt. He saw an Orthopedic Surgeon and had an x-ray then MRI. He was diagnosed with OCD of the elbow. You might not have the same thing but it would be worth looking into. Good luck!!