Elbow issue

when I bring my arm to the cocked position its at a 90 degree angle . but when i bring it forward it stays that way causing me to lead with that elbow causing pain. Is there any drills I can do to help me get my arm in the right position.

HOLY CRAP THATS A HUGE PICTURE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

[quote=“futureKazmir”]when I bring my arm to the cocked position its at a 90 degree angle . but when i bring it forward it stays that way causing me to lead with that elbow causing pain. Is there any drills I can do to help me get my arm in the right position.

[/quote]

EVERY PITCHER IN THE MAJORS LEADS WITH THE ELBOW!
its a natural action of the the arm dont force it but dont try to prevent it its a movement of the shoulder that causes the lead so the elbow has nothing to do with it there is another reason for your elbow pain try looking at a slow motion clip of your mechanics

and it is physically impossible to have the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle at release point in a hard throw it will always be extended the reason for the forearm to stay back is the weight of the ball that causes a “bounce” that is why if you throw with no ball you will not lead with the elbow

though i dont like wagners mechanics this clearly shows every pitchers forearm stays back…some more than others…

another major leager leading with the elbow

and you will NEVER find a pic where a pitchers elbow is bent at release point

and it is physically impossible to have the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle at release point in a hard throw it will always be extended the reason for the forearm to stay back is the weight of the ball that causes a “bounce” that is why if you throw with no ball you will not lead with the elbow

though i dont like wagners mechanics this clearly shows every pitchers forearm stays back…some more than others…

another major leager leading with the elbow

and you will NEVER find a pic where a pitchers elbow is bent at release point

hold on i told you something wrong what i meant to say was when i release the ball its still at 90 degrees instead of 3/4

it is impossible to actually release the ball with the elbow bent 90 degrees

what you probably mean is that when the arm comes around its still at 90 when arms are pointing towards first and third with front facing home UNTIL release which means you are releasing the ball in front which is dangerous you are pushing the ball instead of letting the arm come around like a whip the arm needs to b almost fully extended (but NEVER “locking” the elbow) when you are about to release the ball.

try looking at yourself in the mirror reaching this position

but remeber never to get your elbow above the level of your shoulders arm slot is based shoulder tilt as you can see jeff suppan has a 3/4 arm slot but his elbow is still below the level of his shoulders…

here is another one of johan santana his elbow gets a little high but still not way over…

try looking at yourself facing the mirror… getting into the cocked position and when your trunk turns have the arm like the pictures above… make sure it comes natural and you dont extend TOO far and end up hyperextending your arm…

pushing the ball is also due to bad timing the forearm has to b vertical in a cocked position AT foot plant or before… never after…