Elbow above the Shoulder?

Is this bad for pitchers?

Here’s a still from my latest video. Someone commented on my video and mentioned that my elbow was above my shoulder. It seems to me that it is as well. But not tremendously above it.

Curious to hear what you guys think

Here’s my latest video from where I took the still from:

I don’t need a crystal ball to see trouble ahead.
Elbow above the shoulder equals strain on shoulder, arm, elbow and a likely trip to the DL, and if you happen to be an over-the-top thrower the problem is greatly exacerbated. You need to take a good long look at your arm slot, for openers, and see if this is the case; if so, a change in said angle would be in order—come down to a 3/4 arm slot, which would take a good deal of the pressure off. Also, if you’re not doing so, you need to really get your whole body involved—legs, hips, torso et al., to get more power into your pitches so that the shoulder and arm would just go along for the ride. Ideally the elbow should be on a level with the shoulder (I speak from experience, being one of those exasperating sidearmers). And don’t overthrow. 8)

Is your high elbow position at foot plant increase your risk for injury?..Through some extensive reading on the subject, the answer I came up with is no. Here’s one study…

Can it affect velocity? It likely could since most of MLB top pitchers have their elbow equal to or below a horizontal line extending through the top of both shoulders.

I fixed the link to the video. Take a look!