Early supination after hand separation

Hey guys, new here.

I am a pro pitcher and having mechanical issues I’ve never had before. Will note I had labrum surgery in 17’ and since then I’ve realized right after hand separation, when my arm starts coming up to get into cocking it looks Like I’m going to throw a mean curveball all the way to release point which causes me to cut all my pitches (especially FB) and lose Velo.

I’ve read a ton of different articles but haven’t seen much on early cocking/ pointing ball towards the plate early.

If you have any help, would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Nick21nyy,

“Early supination after hand separation”

This is the timeline when forearm supination and outwards rotation of the Humerus should occur so when you are done lengthening (glove side foot plant, Benchmark) you are at length and then ready to Shorten sinuosly by forearm pronation and inwards rotation of the Humerus

By your previous injury tells me you forearm pronated on the was back and Hyper horizontally abducted your Humerus, the gateway to Labrum tearing.

“Will note I had labrum surgery in 17’”

You are one of the 6% that even come back from this! This injury whether at the posterior or anterior is caused by the gateway action of Hyper Horizontal Abduction where you pinch your Scapulas toghether towards the spine putting your Humerus in a bad position by dislocating the shoulder joint. When you turn on the 1st power phase (rotational) the anterior muscles pull the ball of the Humerus across the Labrum causing degradation first at the front perifery, then when you finally straighten it out, pushes it to back causing degradation there.

Mitigation- is to keep your Humerus in line with your shoulder line (Acromial line) through out the Lengthening, shortening and recovery phases, keeping the ball of the Humerus centered in it’s Fossa.

" since then I’ve realized right after hand separation, when my arm starts coming up to get into cocking it looks Like I’m going to throw a mean curveball all the way to release point which causes me to cut all my pitches

Most of your problems lye with your drive component! All pitch types including the Curve should be driven by forearm Pronation!!!

No forearm supinated types!!!

“I’ve read a ton of different articles but haven’t seen much on early cocking/ pointing ball towards the plate early.”

Hate to say it but you have been reading traditional garbage (health concerns) that keeps on persisting because of ignorance and or intuitive arrival and drive approaches. I’ll bet you have heard of Dr. Mike Marshall but have not studied there? Typical among most coaches and players.

“If you have any help, would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.”

You have some reading to do, it’s free. Just go to DrMikeMarshall.com and learn.

Don’t worry about his superior bottom half mechanics! He will have to pass on before that is brought out like most merited science.