Dumbbells

What are some dumbbell exercises I could do that would help me in pitching? As of right now I am out of shape throughout my entire body. So Id imagine there is something to gain in terms of velocity through weightlifting…but I am just guessing. So if there are any dumbbell exercises I could do would anyone mind listing them?

i know a couple. bad thing is i don’t know the name of them lol

Crap, I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot.

Could a mod or admin send this to the Pitching Workouts % Nutrition forum.

ADMIN: Done!

Lateral Raise using Dumbbell

Stand or sit in chair.
With arms at side and thumbs pointed upward, slowly raise arm to the sides but slightly toward the front (at about a 30 degree angle to the front of the body) until almost shoulder level.
Repeat 10 times.

Lying Lateral Raise using Dumbbell

Lie on left side. Hold dumbbell in right hand in, placed in front of thigh, palm facing leg. Keep elbow slightly bent. Raise dumbbell slowly until arm is at 45-degree angle.
Return to starting position.
Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side.

Lateral Raise with Internal Rotation using Dumbbell

Stand or sit.
With arms at side and thumbs pointed toward ground (shoulders internally rotated), slowly raise arm to the sides but slightly toward the front (at about a 30 degree angle to the front of the body) until almost shoulder level.
Repeat 10 times.

External Rotation using Dumbbells

Lie on left side.
With right arm, hold dumbbell next to body, elbow bent 90-degrees.
Slowly lift upward until back of hand faces backward.
Return to starting position.
Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side

Internal Rotation using Dumbbells

Lie on side.
Hold dumbbell on same side, Bend elbow to 90-degree angle. Keep elbow against body.
Slowly lift dumbbell upward and toward body.
Pause, and return to start.
Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side.

For rotator cuff.

And i have a question. im buying dumbbells what weights should i buy (15 years old skinny tall)

Adjustable weight dumbbells are the way to go. That way you can just buy more plate weights when you get stronger rather than buy more dumbbells.