Drop and Drive or Stand Tall and Fall

I am working with 9yr olds and I have heard different opinions on the stride. What are the positives and negatives to drop and drive or stand tall and fall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

90+ percent of ML pitchers use tall and fall (IOW they don’t push or drive off of the rubber after their GS foot lands). Instead, their PAS foot is pulled off of the rubber.

Exceptions are guys like Seaver, Oswalt, and Lincecum.

However, “fall” isn’t really the right way to describe what happens. Instead, most pitchers get their bodies moving sideways toward the target at the top of the leg lift with a slight push.

I would avoid both of those cues because, to me, they represent extremes at the end of the scale of what pitchers do. I feel very few do either of those extremes. Most do something in between.

Instead, I would suggest focusing on good tempo to build up momentum and creating a reasonably long stride.

[quote=“Roger”]I would avoid both of those cues because, to me, they represent extremes at the end of the scale of what pitchers do. I feel very few do either of those extremes. Most do something in between.

Instead, I would suggest focusing on good tempo to build up momentum and creating a reasonably long stride.[/quote]

Amen, brother!! I have nothing more to add to that.