Does medial epicondylitis have anything to do with the UCL?

I was diagnosed with medial epicondylitis and a micro tear in a ligament (wasn’t told which one) last year and followed what my doctor said but the pain persisted and I just played through it. I took a few months off and now that I’m back to throwing again my arm is bothering me again… my parents do not like taking me to a doctor during baseball season. What should I do?

Stop throwing. See an orthopedic surgeon trained in sports medicine. If you do not know one, ask Dr. Fleisig of ASMI to recommend one in your area: http://www.asmi.org/fleisig.php

What should I do if my parents won’t take me? Our trainer at school is terrible, and if I drove myself or had a friend take they would get mad for doing it behind their back…

I’m gong to address your situation in a manner that it deserves. I’m giving you the benefit of being mature enough, with the common sense that comes with asking this question to begin with - so take it from there.

Shut down with this baseball thing, find something else to occupy your time, look out for number one, and that’s that. If you continue down this path that you have, regardless of who says what and why, it’s you who will be paying the price of your lack of health, it’s you who will have pain during your life, and you who will be pushed and pulled in directions that you won’t want to go.

So, be your own best friend, ditch this baseball thing and enjoy a better life without pain or pressure.

If your parents have a problem with this… advise them to PM me here. I’ll give them my e-mail address and we’ll go from there.

Baseball for me was planned to get shut down next year. I’m planning on majoring in mechanical engineering in college and working on jeeps. I was just trying to finish out high school.

I have plenty of other things to keep me busy. Homework, shooting, fishing, working on my Jeep, taking my Jeep to the offroad park.

In my later years I worked with matured men who were trying desperately to get back into the business. Either recuperating from some injury, depression, alcohol, whatever. Most had one thing in common - they pushed themselves beyond reason, regardless of who said what and why. At first, I’d talk to these individuals, in private, and reconcile the what-for of why. Like talking to a brick. They did what they did for only one reason - they went so far in the business, taking up the majority of their quality of life - they knew no other life.

Ok, let’s fast forward to yourself. Being contented to do something that’s not you is a heavy weight to carry around. A lifetime of this stuff is common with a lot of people - and it shouldn’t. Listen to your gut feelings and
do right by it. That quality is what we find in leadership, self pride, and those of responsibility and trust.

JTHIGDON you made the right decision with your last posting.

Yeah right now I’m a junior. So I have this season, my summer season, then next years high school season and I will probably be done.

Side note: That you have to go to off-road parks to wheel tells me you live back east. If you really love wheeling your Jeep in the great outdoors, consider moving to the western U.S after college. Lots of public lands containing all kinds of beautiful open spaces offering all kinds of wheeling.

Ask me how I know. :wink:

I could go drive around in my backyard and around our property (Arkansas). We just go to the offroad park to see the other rigs and try out new stuff.