Do pitchers from warm weather states have an advantage of playing in the MLB?

I live in Boston and I overhear a lot of local high school pitchers and their parents talk about how baseball pitchers in the Norteast don’t get the exposure or opportunities as those in warmer weather states. I’ve heard it enough that I started to look at the data and here’s what I came up with from ASMI. Wanted to share:

Don’t make excuses where you live, what equipment you have or don’t have. If you want something bad enough - get it.

Warm weather myth? Yes and no. There have been pitchers who, as kids, liked the cold weather—Ed Lopat used to play stickball in the snow in New York City—but as adults, playing in the majors, much preferred warm weather; again, Lopat, who became known as a hot-weather pitcher, the hotter it was the better he liked it. And there have been pitchers who detested winter and the cold weather that came with it, and when the weather got warmer they didn’t fare well at all. It’s too individual a matter to pin down in percentages; each pitcher has his own preference and reaction to weather. And as for that obstreperous knuckleball: here’s a fact—when the weather is sunny, hot and dry, with little or no wind, the pitch won’t knuckle if you stood on your head, but with a cool, even cold, damp day and enough wind to provide the necessary resistance the ball will be all over the place. So—you pays yer money and…

Great find Steven