Do colleges even look at senior year?

Its already my senior year :shock:

So I am reading some online sites about getting recruited to D2 or D3 schools, and most say that you need to have all your stats the summer before senior year.

I understand why colleges want this, but what if you did not have the opportunity to pitch at all your junior year because the coach gave more playing time to the seniors?

Am I pretty much out of luck for getting the chance to play college baseball?
If not, what should I do?

I feel really overwhelmed at the moment from all these college applications, and the thought of how my dream of playing college baseball is slowly slipping away.

If you haven’t impressed them yet, when do you expect to do so? Senior year absolutely matters - colleges are still looking to fill out their rosters. You might not be a super high value recruit, but if you strike out 70 guys in 50 innings this summer while hitting upper 80’s, someone’s gonna find out.

Coaches absolutely look senior year.

There’s even Showcase’s out there for unsigned Seniors.

Get proactive and cast out a wide net of target schools.

Check out the High School Baseball Web, it will be your greatest resource available to you.

Start emailing head coaches right away. Follow up with phone calls to the head coaches. Have footage available, stats, physical info, etc. Most people don’t get recruited because they don’t know they have to initiate the contact if they aren’t high profile. Id recommend D3 at this point unless you’re consistently mid 80’s+ but it is definitely not too late to get noticed if YOU initiate contact ASAP

Great advice

I didn’t play my junior year in high school

keep in mind also that some that signed as Juniors and/or Seniors get drafted and decide to head to the MLS route and schools may get a spot freed up if your a D1/D2 or even Juco kid. Mizzou had a kid drafted in the 14th round and he decided to go with the Royals, it does happen.

How do you project ??? Are you young for your age, have you fully matured yet and/or have you seen a MPH increase that beed consistant. Don’t give up man.

[quote=“LTadrian”]Its already my senior year :shock:

So I am reading some online sites about getting recruited to D2 or D3 schools, and most say that you need to have all your stats the summer before senior year.

I understand why colleges want this, but what if you did not have the opportunity to pitch at all your junior year because the coach gave more playing time to the seniors?

Am I pretty much out of luck for getting the chance to play college baseball?
If not, what should I do?

I feel really overwhelmed at the moment from all these college applications, and the thought of how my dream of playing college baseball is slowly slipping away.[/quote]

mY nephew got recruited full ride 4 years very very late in the recruiting season, Article in the paper read this," Best non recruited player in the state" in less then 7 days he signed

Very good advice and also take into consideration your education and be honest of the level of college you should be contacting. For example, if you are a great student but are a D3 level pitcher I’d would be putting your education 1st and baseball 2nd. There are plenty of colleges that may or may not fit your needs both academically and athletic. I was a pitching coach at community college in NY and I had a pitcher who was exactly at the level he was suppose to be at but academically he should have been in a much higher level and I feel he wasn’t putting his future first but it all worked out for him as after 2 year he moved on to a much better school. With that being said don’t be afraid to go that route as well. There are many community colleges with good baseball programs that will set you up for a better future in baseball.