Do Certain Activities Have an Impact on Pitching

there are certain things that im not sure if im allowed to mention that are done behind closed doors and i think you know what im talking about
people say that it has a negative effect on you pitching and ive found that its mostly mental
when i do that thing the day before i pitch and think about it and get nervous that it will affect me, it does, but one day i completyely forgot about it before a playoff game and did great so what do you think
PS if this is too inapropriate delete it and im extrememly sorry

Because you asked, and well I have a feeling other have thought about this, I thought I’d give it a shot. I’m keeping it G rated, and well relatively simplistic.

It’s relatively debatable if what you are refering to impacts performance. Various olympic teams have seen it differently.

Back in the day, the Russians and Germans outright promoted the whole thing. Other countries absolutely frown upon it.

I think it is a matter of loosing focus the coming competition rather than anything hormonal.
The Hormonal responses to said activity are debated as good and bad, I have seen both sides of the argument discussed by some elite coaches.

i don kno if its true but ive heard boxers avoid the activity for something outrageous like 5 months before a big fight but that could be completely wrong

Boxers abstain during training camp. At least most of the old school trainers would make sure that their fighters did. Training camp would vary depending on the fighter, but normally you are looking at a few weeks to a couple months. I think in that case it is more an issue of focus rather than any scientific or physical consequence.

ok i have no idea what you guys are referring to…

I would be ridicoulus if this was considered inapropriate. You are asking a serious question which may be relevant to many pitchers. I agree with kc86, it is only a problem if you worry or think about having se x too much (just like anything else that distracts in the preparation for a game).

I would be ridicoulus if this was considered inapropriate. You are asking a serious question which may be relevant to many pitchers. I agree with kc86, it is only a problem if you worry or think about having se x too much (just like anything else that distracts in the preparation for a game).[/quote]

haha
Im not sure if the what he was talking about has any mutuality to it.

Then you shouldn’t know lol

omg … not on game day :worm:

haha ok i get it but i don’t get how it would have any effect on pitching.

hahahahaha

hormones are released that make you tired

Not before you do any sort of athletic activity anyways.

the reason that i think it does have an actual effect on you is becuase i can notice a substantial difference if i try 2 lift the day of or even the day after and i could b wrong but i don think lifting weights is a focus thing as much as pitching. either i can squat my 235 or i cant and on those certain days i cant

I think its bad luck.
lol

:roll:

I’m not so sure I want to continue in this conversation… :lol:

But seriously, it’s probably in your head if there is a difference at all. Any physiological changes would rebound in a short amount of time.

I’m not so sure I want to continue in this conversation… :lol:

But seriously, it’s probably in your head if there is a difference at all. Any physiological changes would rebound in a short amount of time.[/quote]

Yes, give it like 30 minutes to an hour and you should be ready to go… lol