Dick Mills' business practices

I am bummed!

From what I know of Dick Mills, he probably knows something about pitching, but I’ve never been a fan of his self-aggrandizing style…which reminds me of some race-track touts I used to see out in front of Golden Gate Fields back in the day.

Now, I am personally bummed out: He embedded one of my YouTube slo-mo clips of Tim Lincecum, and wrote a piece to go with it that makes it sound like he and Tim and Chris Lincecum are all good buddies, just seeking pitching mechanics truth together…

What’s more irritating, although I changed the YouTube setting to “private” for awhile, in order to shake him off unless he gives proper credit for the video on his website, Mills’ still somehow has access to it and he refuses to acknowledge the source.

Not-for-profit blogs are one thing, but unauthorized commercial uses are something very different…at the very least, people doing this sort of thing need to properly acknowledge the source of the video clips they are using for commercial purposes.

Although I can’t seem to shake him off without deleting the clip, which I am unwilling to do, I hope I have made life a little bit uncomfortable by re-titling the video: “Dick Mills cribbed this video from: laflippin”.

If he doesn’t respond, the title is just going to get worse.

http://www.pitching.com/articles/video/tim-lincecums-father-has-some-good-advice-about-pitching-mechanics/

Followed your link to Mills’ piracy. Lincecum vid shows on page but upon clicking play returns the message that "this is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the user’s friend request."
Seems like Mills is a jerk. Wonder how long it will take him to remove the embed.

Wow thats pretty unbelievable. I am going to have to friend request you because i quite enjoy watching your videos but now when i clicked on em it says they are private.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly you can’t really blame him now can you La??
I’m jealous of your quality…I tell everyone I’m you… :wink:

I wonder if you can seamlessly link it to a clip of my favorite philosopher…The Great Jerome…now that would be cosmic justice…

That’s pretty classless Mr. Mills. I bet he doesn’t even use a tripod! 8)

jd, you managed to pick–out of all the great ones–an excerpt of one of my all-time favorite 3 Stooges episodes. You gotta love all the crunchy sound-effects when the dinner party guests finally eat that turkey…

A couple of years ago I read a hilarious article in the newspaper about a cop in the LA area who became obsessed with the hobby of tracking down the locations that the Stooges used for filming their great short features…so he found the stairs leading up to that house they delivered the ice to, a firehouse they used, a golf course, etc, etc. At the time, he was still trying to find the exact street where all of those beer barrels got loose from the back of the Panther(!) Brewery delivery truck…

Hammy, thanx for remembering my obsessive hobby concerning tripods… :lol:

The Great Jerome had an innocent brilliance that I don’t think will ever be seen on earth again.
I have dedicated my life to knowing and understanding the sayings of the Great One…Soitenly…nyuknyuknyuk…both those words/phrases should have entire volumes of research and study made on them…woobwoobwoob…simply brilliant. 8) I bet Zita could give us a primer on old Brooklyn-ese 8)
I read all I can about him…he was shot in the foot as a youngster and it never healed…it’s why he limped when he ran. He cried like a baby when one of his dogs got hit by a car…Before he joined his brother he had a full head of hair and a huge “Mario” type mustach…ah Curley the world needs you now.

[quote=“laflippin”]I am bummed!

From what I know of Dick Mills, he probably knows something about pitching, but I’ve never been a fan of his self-aggrandizing style…which reminds me of some race-track touts I used to see out in front of Golden Gate Fields back in the day.

Now, I am personally bummed out: He embedded one of my YouTube slo-mo clips of Tim Lincecum, and wrote a piece to go with it that makes it sound like he and Tim and Chris Lincecum are all good buddies, just seeking pitching mechanics truth together…

What’s more irritating, although I changed the YouTube setting to “private” for awhile, in order to shake him off unless he gives proper credit for the video on his website, Mills’ still somehow has access to it and he refuses to acknowledge the source.

Not-for-profit blogs are one thing, but unauthorized commercial uses are something very different…at the very least, people doing this sort of thing need to properly acknowledge the source of the video clips they are using for commercial purposes.

Although I can’t seem to shake him off without deleting the clip, which I am unwilling to do, I hope I have made life a little bit uncomfortable by re-titling the video: “Dick Mills cribbed this video from: laflippin”.

If he doesn’t respond, the title is just going to get worse.

http://www.pitching.com/articles/video/tim-lincecums-father-has-some-good-advice-about-pitching-mechanics/[/quote]

I hope I inadvertently haven’t done this, too, laflippin!! I’ll spend some time tomorrow on pitchingclips.com to see and make the appropriate credit, where due. But jd’s right on: your clips are truly top notch and add a whole lot of value to our discussions and analysis. Really appreciate them being part of our forums.

Steven,

LTP and everyone associated with LTP are welcome to use any video from my YouTube channel, anytime.

The value that you and your dedicated friends provide to young pitchers, their dads and/or moms, and their coaches, is really beyond compare. It blows me away how much time and energy that you and the LTP regulars donate to this forum to help out pitchers in need of sound advice.

Please don’t give this unpleasantness a second thought, it has nothing to do with you or LTP. Really, I just wanted to vent a little…I’ve so far written three times to Mills’s contact e-mail about this and he has not even deigned to respond. Arrrgh.

Mills did the same thing with one of my videosa couple of months ago, it was a little different because he gave me some good advice so I was okay with it but he never actually told me he was using it. I just discovered it one day while I was scrolling around on youtube.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]I wonder if you can seamlessly link it to a clip of my favorite philosopher…The Great Jerome…now that would be cosmic justice…

[/quote]

LOL! This is simple awesome! :lol:

One of my favs for sure :lol:

Brite-O Brite-O !!