Desperate need to get bigger and stronger

I am Junior, 17 years old and I’m 5 foot 11, topping out at 82 MPH but I only weigh 130 pounds. I know by body is still changing (I have gotten 8 inches taller in the past year) but I thought it was weird that I have gotten minimal results from the Mass Gainers I have been taking. I work out, long toss, and condition as much as possible. While using Elite Mass from Dymatize I gained 6 pounds over a span of 2 months, and while using Super Mass Gainer from Dymatize I gained 13 pounds over a span of 3 months. I was wondering if there were any other supplements y’all would advise me to try out or anything else to do because my goal is to be at around 180-210 by the time i enter college.
Thanks.

The laws of thermodynamics apply to all of us. Eat more. More importantly, write down everything you eat and track the calories.

about how much calories should I be taking in per day?

More.

One thing we all have to remember: A lot of different people have different views of mechanics, and no one thing is going to work for everybody. Pitchers are different; they are built differently, and they each have their own different mechanics—so any pitching coach with any sense in his head will take that into account and work with that individual to help him or her make the most of those mechanics. One size does not fit all. 8)

aim for 5,000 per day to start and adjust from there. If you add a lot of fat right away cut down to 4500 or whatever is giving you 1-2lbs of good mass/week. If you still aren’t gaining, up to 5,500 or even 6,000.

It can be difficult to stay clean when you get above 3 or 4,000 calories, but make sure the majority of your calories are from real foods (not highly processed crap with lots of sugar)

check out this article by my buddy Dan Blewett on what it’s really like to gain weight with a fast metabolism

http://danblewett.com/2011/09/gain-some-weight-bozo/

your body just made a huge change 8 inches taller that quick would make me rail thin too. Give it time and patience and I’m sure you won’t have problems gaining weight. How do I know this? I grew 6 inches within about 8 months. I went through the same thing and now that I’m in my 30’s the weight is hard to keep off.
You are doing the right things. Just keep throwing and working out like you are. You will start filling out sooner than later.

I had a similar build at that age. You really have nothing to worry about. Your metabolism is just really good because of your age, and you would need to consume extraordinary amounts of calories to gain weight. Weight gainers are a good source of calories, but they shouldn’t be used as a meal replacement. The average person is suppose to consume 2000 calories daily, so you need to be consuming at least double that amount.

I’m 5’5 and a half and weigh 128. I have a high metabolism too. I’ve gained 13 pounds in a little over 2 months. I haven’t taken any supplements but I’d like to soon. Part of my weight gain was because I hurt my hamstring and re-strengthening it.

Just eat/drink as much stuff as you can with protein. Don’t rely just on supplements.

You don’t expect someone to go out and eat 5000 calories of food and drinks a day especially if they probably still live with their parents. Eat stuff like Bagels, cereal, milk, peanut butter, meat, add the little things too for those extra calories/protein like toppings.

not to bash what everyone else has said about how your body will eventually fill out given time, or how 5,000 calories is impossible to get if you live with your parents, but in your situation, as a junior, you absolutely CAN’T WAIT.

Gaining 20-30 lbs by this spring (you would still be a skinny and lean 5’11" 160lbs - there are guys on my team who are pretty lean 5’11" 205) could be the DIFFERENCE between you playing D3 or D1 college baseball. It is not uncommon for guys to add a quick 5 mph when they add that much weight and strength to an undeveloped frame. If you’re hitting 87 as a junior, that means a ton of looks from pretty decent colleges, but if you’re still throwing 82, only certain D3’s are going to pay any attention. So as someone who has been in your shoes, you absolutely need a sense of urgency, because you have a limited window in which to set up where you will play for the next 4 years, and here is a HUGE source of untapped potential that just requires consistency, effort and some planning.

Like kyle said, track your calories and you will make it happen.

[quote=“LankyLefty”]not to bash what everyone else has said about how your body will eventually fill out given time, or how 5,000 calories is impossible to get if you live with your parents, but in your situation, as a junior, you absolutely CAN’T WAIT.

Gaining 20-30 lbs by this spring (you would still be a skinny and lean 5’11" 160lbs - there are guys on my team who are pretty lean 5’11" 205) could be the DIFFERENCE between you playing D3 or D1 college baseball. It is not uncommon for guys to add a quick 5 mph when they add that much weight and strength to an undeveloped frame. If you’re hitting 87 as a junior, that means a ton of looks from pretty decent colleges, but if you’re still throwing 82, only certain D3’s are going to pay any attention. So as someone who has been in your shoes, you absolutely need a sense of urgency, because you have a limited window in which to set up where you will play for the next 4 years, and here is a HUGE source of untapped potential that just requires consistency, effort and some planning.

Like kyle said, track your calories and you will make it happen.[/quote]

Amen, brother. I suggest you listen to this guy, because he was in the exact same position you were. Almost to the T with velocity and everything.

But I’d add this: It might mean the difference between playing college ball and playing in an adult baseball league.