Derek Lowe

I really need to see a video of Derek Lowe. Mostly to see if a sinkerballer can throw anywhere besides straight overhand and get sink.

wow, if you think only overhanders can get sink then you still have alot to learn. I don’t really know if you can count a side-armer/sub pitchers fastball as a sinker but…I believe Dizzy Dean (the man who made the sinker famous) threw from a 3/4 arm angle

[quote=“futureKazmir”]wow, if you think only overhanders can get sink then you still have alot to learn. I don’t really know if you can count a side-armer/sub pitchers fastball as a sinker but…I believe Dizzy Dean (the man who made the sinker famous) threw from a 3/4 arm angle[/quote]oh, “I"m going to critisize people to make it seem like I"m better than I am,” I can’t wait for tomorrow I know that though

Most sinkerballers don’t throw straight overhand… you get more movement with a lower arm slot.

PS not trying to offend you or anything.

[quote=“Bakersdozen”]Most sinkerballers don’t throw straight overhand… you get more movement with a lower arm slot.

PS not trying to offend you or anything.[/quote]How can u stay ontop of the ball with a low arm slot?

Pronate :roll:

[quote=“futureKazmir”]Pronate :roll:[/quote]what kind of sinkerballer doesn’t pronate? Look, all I’m saying is, throwing from the side high3/4-submarine would give the ball more of a horizantal break, right? so wouldn’t that make it behave more like a 2seamer?

IDK what your really trying to say, but I’ll take a crack at it. Sidearmers and sub pitchers naturally have a sinking fastball (guess you could call it a sinker) so it wouldn’t break horizontally. Over the top down to 3/4 don’t really have much natural sink (if not any at all) so you pronate to get on the inside of the ball causing it to sink. Is that what you meant?

[quote=“futureKazmir”]IDK what your really trying to say, but I’ll take a crack at it. Sidearmers and sub pitchers naturally have a sinking fastball (guess you could call it a sinker) so it wouldn’t break horizontally. Over the top down to 3/4 don’t really have much natural sink (if not any at all) so you pronate to get on the inside of the ball causing it to sink. Is that what you meant?[/quote]It’s hard for me to describe it with words. If I had a ball I would try to show you what I meant. It doesn’t matter, I’m moving back to high 3/4.

Well… just ask Lowe or Utley what happens to a high sinker. 8)

its crazy all he throws is a sinker and a fast curve he calls a slider
how does he have sucess

kaz is right. most sinker ball pitchers throw from a 3/4 or low 3/4 arm angle because thats where you get the most movement from. trying to pronate is not necessary for a sinker and most pitchers dont try to do it. sinkers come from right arm angle, pressure on the ball and the release.