Deltoid Pain

First off I have to say AWESOME site!!! I love it!!! Well I guess I should start by telling you guys a bit about myself. I have been playing baseball since I was 3 and I’m not 24. I have been a pitcher for the whole time, but I recently hit some bad luck. 2 years ago I shattered my leg and I just recently got full motion of it back a few months ago, so I didnt throw at all for 2 years.

Well In April I started throwing again, I started by close light toss and progressivly moved to long toss (100ft) and throwing about 80 throws then I would stretch and throw a few more. After about a month of that I started to throw off of a mound again, I threw very lightly and progessivly threw a bit harder each time.

Here comes the issue, once I started throwing about 2/3 power I felt a small pop on the outside of my arm and a slight burn, so I threw a more and it started to stiffen up until it became semi weak. I stopped for a few days and iced it figuring maybe it was weak.

A week later I went out and did the samething, but this time I was being clocked, after an hour of stretching and medium toss I took the mound and my first 3 pitchers were only clocked at 84MPH which is normal for me when I throw medium…well when I let it rip I only reached 89 which is TERRIBLE I normally throw 93-95 at full power and I can do that for most of the game. After only 3 good pitches I felt that pop again and back came the buring and the weak arm.

I have no clue what it could be, I stretch before and after pitching and I warm up for 30-60 minutes. I have NEVER had this before, but it botheres me because I cant throw like I used to and this nagging pain is getting to me. the pain is on the outside of my upper arm on the deltoid, so does anyone have a clue what this is and any idea how to help it?

Oh and I throw over arm and some quarter side arm

[quote=“tidalwavetiburon”]Here comes the issue, once I started throwing about 2/3 power I felt a small pop on the outside of my arm and a slight burn, so I threw a more and it started to stiffen up until it became semi weak. I stopped for a few days and iced it figuring maybe it was weak.

A week later I went out and did the samething, but this time I was being clocked, after an hour of stretching and medium toss I took the mound and my first 3 pitchers were only clocked at 84MPH which is normal for me when I throw medium…well when I let it rip I only reached 89 which is TERRIBLE I normally throw 93-95 at full power and I can do that for most of the game. After only 3 good pitches I felt that pop again and back came the buring and the weak arm.

I have no clue what it could be, I stretch before and after pitching and I warm up for 30-60 minutes. I have NEVER had this before, but it botheres me because I cant throw like I used to and this nagging pain is getting to me. the pain is on the outside of my upper arm on the deltoid, so does anyone have a clue what this is and any idea how to help it?[/quote]

The pain is unlikely to be your deltoid. It’s more likely to be related to your rotator cuff.

Have you been to a doctor? If not, you should.

Do you have a video of yourself throwing?

I have not been to a doctor yet I have an appointment set for the 18th of this month. I wish I had video camera so I could video tape myself. I was thinking it may have been my rotator Cuff, but the pain is on the outside of the arm near the Bicep and Tricep. After I’m done I have no power to the arm and it gets so tight that I cant stretch over my head without pain.

Sounds like a rotator cuff problem. I have pain in the same location but being close to 50 it isn’t worth doing anything about it. Heading to the doctor is the right thing to do.