Deadlift Plateau

through personal experiences…what is the best way to BREAK THROUGH

I haven’t been lifting enough to experience a plateau yet, but I would still suggest

1. Rack Pulls
  2. One Arm Dumbbell Rows
  3. Glute Ham Raises

Creatine!!

Flame suit goes on

You better get that flame suite on kid!

I’m not going to turn this into a supplements thread, but I’m not a big fan, just never felt like I could maintain these gains.

As far as the peaking, I would suggest a couple extra days rest, a few nice meals, and then some rage against the machine, that should get you your extra weight or extra reps!

[quote=“Hammer”]You better get that flame suite on kid!

I’m not going to turn this into a supplements thread, but I’m not a big fan, just never felt like I could maintain these gains.

As far as the peaking, I would suggest a couple extra days rest, a few nice meals, and then some rage against the machine, that should get you your extra weight or extra reps![/quote]

Good idea on the rest. I know that when I take a few days off, I usually come back and lift heavier than I normally do.

Not to stay on the supps topic, but how do you feel about NO Explode? I heard it is supposed to get you absolutely pumped for the gym and make you want to lift more weight.

[quote=“Corsairkid”]
Not to stay on the supps topic, but how do you feel about NO Explode? I heard it is supposed to get you absolutely pumped for the gym and make you want to lift more weight.[/quote]

A whole bunch of caffine aka “No Xplode” will get anyone pumped at the gym. Its an expensive caffine boost with some other stuff that’s in way to small of quantity to do jack shit. BSN = the most brilliant marketing scam. Unless their execs are clueless, they ought to be feeling some insane guilt.

Creatine is the most researched supplement in the world. 10 years from now, every doctor will be putting patients on creatine and fish oil… mark my works.

How much are you deadlifting?

It took me till I got to the high 400s before my gains slowed down really.

I recommend deadlifting off a 3" platform, extending the range of motion and absolutely killing the lifter haha.

Sumo deads also work well.

Also, you need to be going balls out on the accesory stuff. I don’t pull from the floor that often but my deadlift still shoots up.

Good mornings, glute ham raises, reverse hypers, romanian deads etc.

my PR is 335…yeah this 3" platform sounds great what is the best way to go about it

Creatine will help out. It will give you some added energy.

Rock, what is your height, weight and age, just curious?

How do you lift? How many sets and repetitions do you do? Do you change this? How much do you weigh and how tall are you? Do you take time to recover? Do you deadlift every time you go in the weight room?

Explosive clean pulls, barbell rows,

Try lightening up the weight for a week you may just be burnt out and work on your form.

6’ 202 17 y/o

Week 1:

Monday - Workout A
Wednesday -Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:

Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

Etc.

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
2x8 Dips

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 power cleans
2x8 Chin-ups

Easy. You should always change the amount of sets/reps you do with each exercise every 2-3 weeks. We call them phases. Phase 1 is the Foundation Phase, Phase 2 is the Stability Phases, Phase 3 is the Get Strong Phases, etc. Instead of always doing 1 set of 5 reps of deadlift (which is basically maxing out every time) you should try lowering the weight and doing 3 - 4 sets of 6 - 8 reps for a couple weeks. Then you can move to 3 sets of 4 - 6 and then 2 sets of 6, each time increasing the weight.

Saying that, you’re program looks like a mix between a wrestling and football program. Assuming that you are a pitcher since you are on these forums, you should probably consider a new program that is more baseball specific.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Creatine would definetly help, and while I wouldn’t reccomend NOXPlode, there are other good products out there that have helped me in the gym. Gaspari Superpump 250 is the one I would reccomend, good amount of caffeine to get you pumped, but also a good balance of Nitric Oxide to expand your blood vessels.

My personal record for Deadlift is 315x2 with good form, and I weigh 168 pounds btw.

Another way to break through might be, take some time off and focus on your squats for a couple weeks, the added leg strength could be just what you need.