David price mlb debut!

David Price mad his MLB debut by coming for relief in the 3rd against the Yankees. Price went 5.1 innings and gave up 3 hits and 2 runs. He also struck out 4 and walked none. Not bad. Rookie of the year next year.

was that 2day? god i hate fsn florida, they always had the rays on and now there in first and its every once in a while. get to watch the marlins though…whoopty do. who started the game and why did he get pulled in 3rd?

Yeah it was today. Jackson started and was pulled because he let up 6 runs in 2 IP

I don’t see Price beating out Weiters of the Orioles for Rookie of the Year next season.

Or Travis Snider of the Blue Jays 8) .

I don’t see Price beating out Weiters of the Orioles for Rookie of the Year next season.[/quote]

I don’t know it’ll be close, Wieters didn’t play above AA this year but he absolutely dominated that league. Right now I’m giving the edge to Price, his maturity level is so beyond his years. Not to mention he has some of the nastiest stuff from the left side I’ve seen in a while. It’ll be interesting to keep tabs on it, assuming Wieters makes the team out of spring training next year.

Price Maybe…

Not Wieters…I watched him in AA this year and yeah he had some dominating moments but overall you have to remember that he’s facing pitchers that are still trying to develop. Most make alot of mistake pitches and some dont throw more than 88 mph.

A guy I’d throw in the mix is Matt LaPorta…he’s got it!

Yeah Snider’s been hot, I dunno if this is a fluke or just a hot streak cause I’d never seen him play before…but I’m going with back to back Tampa RoY’s. GO EVAN!!!

Evan Rulz

[quote=“Dino”]Price Maybe…

Not Wieters…I watched him in AA this year and yeah he had some dominating moments but overall you have to remember that he’s facing pitchers that are still trying to develop. Most make alot of mistake pitches and some dont throw more than 88 mph.

A guy I’d throw in the mix is Matt LaPorta…he’s got it![/quote]

I dont know, I’d say a .366 average is pretty damn good for a first year minor league catcher.

Snider’s been “hot” what are you talking about, he is one of the biggest power prospects, and he has only played for a couple of weeks and he already has 2 home runs, and he had a 6 RBI day. Oh yeah, did I mention that HE’S ONLY TWENTY YEARS OLD.