Dan's workout log

This will be a great way for me to track my gains in pitching. Here’s some facts about me

Name: Daniel

Grade: Incoming Sophomore

Velocity: Sit at 75-77, top out in 80’s

Height: 6’ 0’’

Weight: 131

Here are my short term goals

1. Gain strength over the month of August to be ready for the fall season.

2. Further develop my mechanics.

Long term goals:

1. Sit at low 80’s by beginning of next spring season

2. Have fully developed curveball and changeup.

3. Be a well conditioned athlete.

4. Play division I baseball and exceed everyone’s expectations.

For now, I will be working with TuffCuff. I had a pretty good summer season. I pitched on two 17 year old teams and I was the number 2 on one and a number 3 on the other. I’m currently recovering from bicep tendinitis so I’ll keep you posted on that.

Hey guys. Tomorrow I start my workout program which will span till the end of October. Will keep you updated.

On another note I will be playing on a 18u fall team, so we’ll see how that works out.

Scratch that, prior commitment today. Will start tomorrow.

I threw a little today and the its still barking. I can’t really amp it up without some pain. Will continue to ice and rest.

Good luck, be patient! Sounds like you have a real thin frame to you but obviously your young unlike gramps here. Lets see more active pitching logs on here! Don’t get injured but keep pushing kid.

Yea, I understand it’s a process but I’ll keep working hard.

I worked out to TuffCuff phase 2 today. Got a good workout in and will be sore tomorrow. I also threw today with minimal pain, so it seems like the tendinitis is going away.

Yea, I understand it’s a process but I’ll keep working hard.

I worked out to TuffCuff phase 2 today. Got a good workout in and will be sore tomorrow. I also threw today with minimal pain, so it seems like the tendinitis is going away.

I threw a bullpen today and I topped out at 79. I felt moderate to high pain in my shoulder. Will rest and ice today.

Still working out to TuffCuff. Finished my first week. My main goal is to rehab my shoulder, I gotta tryout soon and I need to be on peak performance. I’m trying out for an 18u team.

Still working out. I threw today and my arm doesn’t hurt in that spot anymore. I got a very bad sharp pain in the front of my arm. Like, if your looking at your arm with your palm up, put your palm down and it’s right where your shoulder muscle starts.

Anyways, I hope its just a one day thing, will keep you posted.

I made my fall team :smiley:

I’ll be pitching only. I’ve been told by the coach I’m gonna be switching from the number 3 pitcher, to the long man in the bullpen.

Got any video of you pitching?

Not yet, I don’t own a video camera.

Still working out, and I threw today with virtually no pain so it seems like my injury is pretty much gone.

I’m still working out according to TuffCuff, and throwing.

I’m throwing a bullpen tomorrow, so I’ll tell you how my arm feels. Fall season start first week of September!

Threw my bullpen today. I was throwing very very hard, but my control wasn’t quite there. I was also getting very tired after around 60 pitches. I will continue to do drills and long toss to perfect my mechanics, and strengthen my arm.

I threw today and my elbow was really sore. It hurt to step on the gas, so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Hey guys. I’m still working out to TuffCuff, and throwing. Arm pain is finally subsiding a bit.

All these 6 AM practices are really starting to wear on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I threw today and my arm is killing me. My elbow, and shoulder both barking real loud.

I don’t know why this is happening. I’m gonna stop throwing for a week and RICE them. I’ll see what happens.

I’m still RICE-ing my arm

My season start on the 15th of September. I’ll start throwing again the 1st of September. That should give me enough time to get ready for the season.

I’m still RICE-ing my arm

My season start on the 15th of September. I’ll start throwing again the 1st of September. That should give me enough time to get ready for the season.