Daily Diet

I am 5’6" and weigh 125 lbs. Im not trying to lose weight but I would like to get stronger. I am on a Conditioning program (50-90 min per day) this off season. This is a typical day for me. Is it good or bad.

Breakfast
2 Bowls of Corn Pops or Life Cereal with 2 % Milk
8 oz glass of Apple or Orange Juice

Lunch
Pop Tart
Chicken
Apple
8 oz Chochlate Milk

Snack
8 oz Apple or Orange Juice
8 oz 2 % Milk
Strawberry Yougurt
Unsalted Peanuts
Dry Oatmeal
2 servings of Hot Air Popcorn (white) no butter

Dinner
1 Large Taco Turkey not beef, tomato, cheese
16 oz apple Juice
Medium salad (Mostly spinach) with Light Ranch dressing

Dessert
8 Oz Apple or Orange Juice
16 oz fruit smoothie (Bannana, Strawberries, Blueberries, Orange)

take out some of the juice and make sure to drink some water

your taking in a ton of sugar

get some more meats in there or high protein foods

or instead of having the cereal and juice for breakfeast you could have

6-8 egg whites
2 pieces of whole wheat toast and instead of the juice have a 8oz glass of milk

that will give you a healthy serving of both protein and carbs to start the day

Thanks.
About Juice I think I do drink too much, but then again it’s better than soda. It is 100 % juice but I guess I still drink too much. About the Breakfast I dont really have time to make anything because of school. Do you have any suggestions about quick things for Breakfast (5 min or less) that are healthy.

[quote=“Hoovedawg”]Thanks.
About Juice I think I do drink too much, but then again it’s better than soda. It is 100 % juice but I guess I still drink too much. About the Breakfast I dont really have time to make anything because of school. Do you have any suggestions about quick things for Breakfast (5 min or less) that are healthy.[/quote]

why can’t you wake up 20 minutes earlier

about the chicken - is it white meat like chicken breast or sumthing? if its not i would eat the chicken breast it has more protein in it than the dark meat. And dont eat too much skin. 2 fatty

To fatty the kid weighs 125lbs. You need to eat eat eat your definatley not going to gain anything eating the way you do. Your not eating enough and arent taking in enough protein. You should be eating at least 6-7 meals a day. Lean meats like chicken and steak and in the morning if you need something to eat fast prepare some hard boiled eggs the night before and eat them in the morning, you could also get some tuna and eat it.

Ok–I tried eating more. Here’s what I had for dinner tonight.

16 oz glass of milk
8 oz glass of Apple Juice
2 or 3 Scrambled Eggs w/ melted chedar cheese on it
Omlette w/ onions, green peppers, ham and chedar cheese
2 Waffels w/ syrup
3 pieces of ham

Good? Bad? OK?

a serving of milk has about 10g of sugar, apple juice has over 20g of sugar in a server possibly up to 40g depending on the maker, syrup your using i would guess has plenty of sugar in it…so that’s like 50-70g of sugar in your meal depending on the brands and types you bought

WATER…
if you want eggs in a meal…8 egg whites, when your cracking the eggs just toss the yolk in the trash…3 pieces of ham is fine

anytime i have eggs i always have the same thing with it

8 egg whites scrambled
2 slices of whole wheat toast
1 cup of natural oats (not quick oats), with one sugar substitute pack, and sprinkled cinnamon for flavor
with it i’ll drink 16 oz of water

if you get tired of the egg white taste, i sometimes use BBQ sauce, but theres a billion different types of BBQ sauce…make sure you by some that isn’t filled with sugar

with that your getting a healthy load of protein (about 30g) and then you get your good clean complex carbs with the oats and wheat

Well…I think that was too much for my body. Last night I woke up at about 2:00 feeling like total crap. A little later I threw up. I think I’m gonna stick to what I usually eat.

I think part of the reason I got sick was because I didn’t eat till really late–like 9:30. I guess thats probablly really bad for me.

The body isn’t crazy about rapid change, lol.

I have to say that was quite a bit of food, for regular dinner time, let alone 9:30.

Try not to load during one meal so much

LHP is preaching to gain a lotta weight, but if your in season, or about to begin, do not overload your body, get some good nutrients and go to it.

Gaining weight would not be bad, nor should it be the sole focus at this point in the year. Depending on where you are, the heat and humidity will screw you up pretty badly. (say that because I’m about to go to my game, and it’s about 80 with a ton of humidity)

Good luck, stay healthy, way to work Hoovedawg.

i eat what i posted for breakfeast right after i wake up

your stomach will gradually expand to accomodate the amount of food your eating, since your only 125lbs you need to be eating more

if it was too much to handle try
6 egg whites
2 pieces ww bread
3/4 of a cup of oats

that way you were eating had way way way too much sugar in it, so i wouldn’t go back to that