Normal 2x5
Leg press 3x10
Leg extension 3x10
Leg curls 3x10
Lunges with Dumbbells 3x20
Ab routine
Push-up routine

December 14
Workouts for school ball ended yesterday and I go on winter break starting Friday. I’m gonna keep running and working out as much as I can. Starting January pitchers start throwing bullpens and other things like that. I can’t wait to get on the mound again. One goal I have is to have intent every time I touch a baseball, starting January. I’ll post when I do anything probably around January or late December
"The fight starts well before the bell rings"

I threw an all fastball bullpen today, around 30 pitches. My mechanics look better and the velocity has definitely gone up recently. My hip/shoulder separation felt really good. I do need to make more extension on the front leg.

January 5
Went back at it today
15x 30 yard sprints
Threw for a little bit
Bench press
Overhead press
Lateral raises
Empty can raises
Ab routine
Bullpens start next week :slight_smile:

February 9
Wow, has been a long time. Since my last post I have done similar lifts
Here are some of my 1 rep maxes:
Squat- 275
Bench- 155
Deadlift- 315
I have had 1 bullpen every week since beggining of January
I can now throw a consistent and good 4 seam, change up, and curveball
These pitches have evolved so much in the past couple weeks.
First official practice is next Monday, I will pitch in our first intramural on Saturday next week. After about 10 scrimmages against other schools, the First game is during spring break, we will go down to Lousianna and play schools there at the beginning of the week and then the end of the week we will play teams up in Arkansas. I think I have secured a pitching spot in the rotation for JV. I do believe that if I produce and do well, coach will move me up to Varsity. Our school has been a state runner up 3 out of the past 5 years, so there are some expectations I need to live up to. I know that I can be the best pitcher on the team, as long as I get the opportunity.

This is an interesting thread to read. Both myself and my 12 year old 7th grade son are following it and it’s motivating him to want to proactively work harder, so I thank you. I am impressed with the dedication you have. Sounds like you have a gameplan, are executing it and are on the right path.Good luck pitching in the intramural next week. Do you know yet what your velocity is? What are the coaches saying about your progression?

Thank you for the comments! I don’t know my velocity right now but I will very soon, I know it is at the very least more than 75. My coaches are very pleased with my progress, as am I. I am definitely not the same pitcher as last year and I think my coaches see that.

How did it go this past Saturday?

Not what I wanted, I threw two innings. I don’t know the stat line but I gave up three runs in the first inning and none in the second. First inning I gave up hits and walked people and could not find the strike zone. Threw only fastballs first inning. Second inning I threw a fastball curveball combo. First batter struck him out with a curveball, watching. Second popped up on a fastball. The third struck out on a curveball, swinging. Not what I wanted at all. I was very disappointed with what happened, but I have put it the past and moved one.
Have another intramural this Saturday, now I know what I need to do to succeed.

That does not sound too bad at all for a 1st start. I always tell my son and his teammates - what makes a good player great, are the ones who have a short memory. Sounds like your doing that. Good for you. Keep moving forward, adjust, improve and continue to work hard…

I was always curious and wondered what big league players 1st stat line looked like…even the studs. You might want to check it out. I do it all the time. It’ll put things in perspective for you.

Example: Who’s 1st start stat line is this? - Debut: May 22, 2004 (Age 20.214, 16,055th in MLB history) vs. OAK 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 2 ER

Stat Line

2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 SO, 2 BB, 3 ER

Better today, first inning I pitched I thew 14 pitches, got three groundouts and 1 walk, no ER. second inning I threw 24 and got a walk and two hits. Threw some wild pitches, letting the runners score, but ended with two strikeouts. Better than last game but still not where I want to be. Whenever I wasn’t pitching I was playing RF. At the plate I was 1-4 with a triple to centerfield wall. Really wished I had pulled that into a HR. Threw two base runners out.

Been a while, I started my first high school game on last Saturday, I threw well and threw a lot of strikes. I made a decision to focus on my two seam only instead of four seam. I mentally think I have more control with it. So this game was all two seams. The stat line was:

3.0 IP, 5 H, 1 SO, 2 BB, 3 ER

We won that game 9-5, I did much better than previously, but I would like to get those earned runs down and the strikeouts up. I threw 52 pitches and by then my legs were extremely tired so I couldn’t throw anymore.

Got a start today, the game had a time limit of an hour so I didn’t get to pitch that long, coach took me out very early. I was very frustrated but I understand, I’ll start again next week. Game stat line:

1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 SO, 3 BB, 4 ER

I threw a lot more strikes today, 45 pitches- 24 strikes. We won 6-7 I was the winning pitcher so I’m now 1-0. Not my best day. My ERA is somewhere around 10.00. Season stat line:

4.1 IP, 7 H, 2 SO, 5 BB, 7 ER

Any support is very appreciated.

Had a game today, I was an EH, couldn’t pitch yet. I start pitching on Saturday. I went 0-3 and we lost 6-7. Changing our record to 6-3.

Pitched today, best game yet on the season, but still not where I want to be. We lost 3-5. I threw four seam, two seam, and curveball.

4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 SO, 2 BB, 2 ER

Season Stat line:

8.2 IP, 12 H, 5 SO, 7 BB, 9 ER

Have you read The Mental Game of Baseball, The Mental Keys to Hitting, and the Mental ABC’s of Pitching? From what I’ve seen on your logs, it appears that you’ve been putting in some good physical work, but putting in some work on the mental aspect of the game would be a great idea. ABC’s has been the most helpful book I’ve ever read by far. And you said in one of your posts that your legs were tired after 52 pitches? I would try alternating long distance and sprint days with one day off a week. Run suicides or just plain old sprints on sprint days, it will give you some more explosive power, and the distance will carry you further into games. Also lunges are a really good lower body exercise. I’ve seen your ab workouts, and I would try to mix them up more to keep your body confused, it looks like you’ve been doing the same thing almost every time. Side planks are good, jackknives, weighted sit-ups (hold a plate or a dumbbell, about 5-10 lbs behind your head during the situp), flutter kicks, hollow holds, are all good exercises to keep mixing it up. Good luck!

Varsity season is over, we lost in the second round of state tournament. There are five seniors that are going on to play D1, they all talked to me and inspired me about my potential and I know that I want to meet their standards. Summer games will start next week and there should be 10 or so games. Then we will have a month off and then school will start again along with workouts. I still don’t know what my velocity is so that’s something I want to figure out soon. I’m excited for summer games, I believe I’m going to do very well in them.

Just a little side note: I just wanted everyone to know that I hate hitting so much. I really don’t like anything except pitching.

Pitched 1st summer game, made a lot of progress. I did hit a couple people. Both were on first pitch. It was definitely a mental error. Again, not even close to where I want to be but I’m getting closer. I threw only fastball, here is the stat line, we lost 2-1:

5.0 IP, 2 H, 7 SO, 2 BB, 1 ER
105 pitches
65 strikes
11 swing and miss

This has been a long time, I have so much to update but everyone if you haven’t start from the beginning to learn everything you need to know. So for the past year I have stopped playing baseball. Mentally I was so far away from the game that my control the summer of freshman year was ridiculous no matter how well the velocity was.

I stopped playing baseball after the summer game of freshman year
I played football sophomore and junior year (fall)
I am back again for my junior season

Size: 5’11” 190 pounds
Velo: unkown (fast)
Pitches: changeup, curve, and four and two seam

Squat: 365
Bench: 215

This year is going to be very difficult for me. I still have the same dream of playing in college that I did freshman year, but my control back then was too ridiculous so I needed time off to grow and mature. The most important update I can give you is that I have perfect control right now. Send me any questions you want. Any advice is welcomed, except that I have to dominate this year.