Custom Pre-Workout

I remember reading somewhere about a website that allows you to create your own pre-workout and other supplements. I just can’t seem to remember what the website was called. Does anyone have any idea what website I’m thinking of, or am I just imagining it?

Talk to lankylefty, KyleB and possibly jimster.

I think I remember one of them posting something about that.

TrueNutrition (used to be TrueProtein) does this.

Or you can buy the supplements individually and just mix them.

I just buy whey and dextrose which is cheaper and then mix them in about a 3:1 ratio for my post-workout shake. About 50g of protein and 150g of carbs.

I’ll put my 5g of creatine monohydrate in there as well.

I don’t really believe in pre-workout supplements for the most part because I have never “felt” a difference. Coffee should do the trick for most people anyway.

I did 10g BCAAs pre-workout for a while when I was cutting, but I’m not convinced it is worth the high price tag.

Okay sweet. I was pretty sure that something like that existed, but I wasn’t sure.

I’m thinking about buying them individually too, I just am doing some research.

Thanks!

You can get everything individually from TrueNutrition. We get Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Creatine, BCAAs, and Protein from there. Protein there is expensive but you know you are getting high quality stuff and no fillers. Dutch Chocolate Fudge is a good flavor, for what it’s worth.

Pre-workout supplements… eh. I take a few Excedrin because coaching guys is stressful enough to induce a headache and the caffeine in it helps :slight_smile:

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Before I transferred to Dubuque, I worked as the pitching coach at my high school. It’s different from what you’re doing, but trying to coach high school kids who don’t always listen to you can be frustrating.

Iowa? I’ll be at Mount Mercy University in two weeks. Let me know if you want to come by, Desi and I are thinking about opening up Saturday to the public!

Yeah, I’m going to University of Dubuque now. And that would be sweet! I’ll definitely try to be there, depending on my fall ball schedule.