Curveball and Changeup

Does anyone have a good link for an extremely simple curveball and changeup? This will greatly help me. Thanks.

Can’t help with a curveball, but the easiest CU is one that every young child has already used. Assuming the pitcher is holding the ball in a “normal” manner for his FB, i.e. with the index and middle fingers generally together and generally on the last joint of the fingers, simply moving the ring finger of the throwing hand to the back of the ball with the index and middle finger will produce a reduced velocity, no matter what the pitcher does.

Once he’s used to throwing it again. Simply moving the ball AWAY from the fingertips, or spreading the fingers will reduce the velocity even further. I don’t know how it can get any more simple than that. :wink:

there is a drill where you keep your elbow in front of you and you just fling the ball with your wrist, no shoulder movement, little elbow movement. Fling the ball with our index and middle finger (fastball) . Now fling it with the middle and ring finger (CU) dont worry about making the circle , it comes natural. throw change ups during warm ups.

When I was eleven years old, a bunch of us was playing catch in the schoolyard one day during recess, and I discovered that I had a natural sidearm delivery. The funny thing was what came attached to it: a nice little curveball. I experimented with it and found that when I threw it with a sharp karate-chop wrist snap I could get a devastating break with it.
The first changeup I acquired was the palm ball, and very effective it was too. Later on my wise and wonderful pitching coach told me that just about any pitch can be turned into a nice changeup, and he demonstrated a few such for me. The whole secret to the changeup is what you do with the grip, altering it in some way—you can hold the ball further back or further forward in your hand, or loosen or tighten the grip.One thing you do NOT do is slow down your arm speed; you have to throw everything with the same arm motion and the same arm speed as you would a fast ball.
Also, many pitchers who have been having trouble of one kind or another with the curve have great success with the slider, which contrary to popular belief is easier to throw and to control because it’s easier on the arm and the shoulder. My pitching coach told me, “Throw it like a curve, but roll your wrist, don’t snap it”, and what he meant was an easier wrist action—just turn it over, kind of like a chef flipping a pancake or a crepe. That pitch, when thrown correctly, has a sharp late break down and away—I used to crossfire mine, and that gave the opposing batters no end of conniption fits because it looked as if it were coming at them from third base (I was a righthander). they would just stand there and go “duh” with the stupidest expressions on their faces! 8) :baseballpitcher: