Cuffing the ball/squeezing the ball hard

lately i found what my problem is but i havnt been able to correct it.
sometime i get too tense when i get behind in the count or even when i’v done bad last couple innings.
i sometimes tend to cuff the ball and the ball goes in the dirt , or i squeeze the ball too hard and i get blisters and again the ball goes in the dirt. and sometime i dont ge tmy fingers on top of my fastbal and dont have any corntol of it.
i know what im doing wrong but i dnt know how to fix it.
what things should i do?
is this a common problem or am i the weird one?

same thing happens to me

Well somethings you may try…
-Practice squeezing the ball as hard as you can and then RELAX… teach your muscles to relax.
–try it in bullpens also if you tense up and then in games when needed.
-Pick up some dirt/rosin and rub it into your fingers.

[quote=“king.navarro_34”]lately i found what my problem is but i havnt been able to correct it.
sometime i get too tense when i get behind in the count or even when i’v done bad last couple innings.
i sometimes tend to cuff the ball and the ball goes in the dirt , or i squeeze the ball too hard and i get blisters and again the ball goes in the dirt. and sometime i dont ge tmy fingers on top of my fastbal and dont have any corntol of it.
i know what im doing wrong but i dnt know how to fix it.
what things should i do?
is this a common problem or am i the weird one?[/quote]
i hardly ever get my fingers on top of the ball well. i have been doing this for about a year so im pretty much used to it, even though i want to stop. when i dont get my fingers on top of the ball my two seam has pretty much no movement. when ever you get into the power position try to turn the ball to second base and the back of your hand towards the plate. if the back of your hand is turned towards first base too much it may be difficult to get your hand on top of the ball.

Getting fingers on top of the ball-
I’ve worked with Jamie Brewington (former MLB pitcher) on this and he said to play catch with a softball because you cant throw the ball where you want to without getting ontop of it. Even long-tossing with the softball and pitching uphill from behind the mound. Then afterwards throw with a baseball.

Trying to get on top of the ball is something that usually hinders external rotation of the upper arm, aka speed.