Crowhop to delivery

when i crowhop + throw it get a fair bit more velocity than when i throw from the stretch (i dont use the windup)

is there a way to transfer the velocity from the crowhop into the stretch delivery?

if that makes sense

Learn to activate the muscles that rotate your hips better

Learn to generate more momentum from the stretch by getting your hips moving forward sooner and faster.

Why not just put your stride foot in front of your post foot like this?

im very slow to the plate - almost 2 seconds, i kinda drop and drive, when i start my hips forward during/at peak of knee lift everything is rushed, i lose atleast 10mph and it hurts my arm

xv - is that even legal? :shock:

im very slow to the plate - almost 2 seconds, i kinda drop and drive, when i start my hips forward during/at peak of knee lift everything is rushed, i lose atleast 10mph and it hurts my arm

xv - is that even legal? :shock:[/quote]

From my interpretation of the rules, it’s legal if you keep the stride foot in front of the rubber. It’s illegal if it’s touching or behind the rubber, because then you’re always considered “commited” and won’t be allowed to throw pick-offs.

Experiment with the stride foot in front and behind the post foot and see which feels comfortable.

What do you do when you have runners on base?

[quote]OffSet wrote:

What do you do when you have runners on base?[/quote]
mix in a slide step and vary my delivery times, but i cant slide step each time, hurts the arm

Perhaps you should at least try the windup. You may want to get a vid. of your mechanics on here.

You seem to have a fragile arm man. Almost every suggestion here and the slide step thing you mentioned your arm hurts. I mean I throw sidearm and I
don’t have very traditional mechanics I still don’t feel pain when I throw. The only time I feel pain is trying to go too far out of my arm slot.

[quote=“Pustulio”]Perhaps you should at least try the windup. You may want to get a vid. of your mechanics on here.

You seem to have a fragile arm man. Almost every suggestion here and the slide step thing you mentioned your arm hurts. I mean I throw sidearm and I
don’t have very traditional mechanics I still don’t feel pain when I throw. The only time I feel pain is trying to go too far out of my arm slot.[/quote]
its not a “pain” but its uncomfortable, just feels unnatural

when i pitch from the stretch it feels totally fine

If being quicker to the plate just feels unnatural, then maybe you just need to stick with it long enough to let it become more natural. But if it really causes pain, then I’m not sure what to tell you.